Wednesday, August 8, 2012

steamboat - memory wall

we had a sheet of butcher paper taped to the wall of our condo where everyone could write down their favorite memories. Here they are in no particular order… (and I think who wrote them)

  • Dan- I am the sheriff
  • Josh – seeing McKay’s shorts with my eyes closed
  • McKay – my knees smell like corn
  • McKay – camping with the “boys”… NOT 1/4 mile away from the lake
  • Josh – who needs a McKey when you have a McKay!
  • Jerry – 4-wheeling with my wife
  • Marie – taking a long walk with Paul and Valine
  • Marie – Adult’s night at the hot tub
  • Clarissa – Cheese tang… doesn’t this look appetizing?
  • Marie – listening to the granddaughters laugh and play together
  • Marie – having all my children together
  • Josh – Sam seeing her first cow pee
  • Marie – swimming with the girls in the pool
  • Jerry– listening to the aspens
  • Marie – the girls making fort together
  • Clarissa – opening ceremony laughs and peanut gallery
  • Clarissa – Thank you “click, click”
  • Josh – Dan loosing the race based on aerodynamic swimsuit, resulting in a disqualification
  • Dan – “I just read the book!” said Erik
  • Josh – Telling doctors who call that I am on vacation
  • Jerry – TP on the second floor
  • Erik – Seeing a but (bat) in the John
  • Clarissa – “Is this all that Justin Beaver stuff?” said Jerry
  • Dan – Rodeo hangover fun
  • Erik – water Olympics
  • Marie – laughter at the pool
  • Marie – Brookie’s old man attitude
  • Marie – Erik playing with his nieces
  • Clarissa – You’re welcome “click, click"
  • Clarissa – “I don’t know, I was in the hot tub,” said Erik
  • Clarissa – Brookie putting the burp-cloth on her head in the car to hide.
  • Clarissa – Girls’ night ice cream
  • Marie – Kennedi coloring in her pink tutu dress
  • Jerry – Sam “killed” me in bang 1st round. Nice job- I was helpless!!!
  • Clarissa – Erik with all four nieces on his lap
  • Marie – inviting other to join in the family Olympics
  • Dan – “Don’t put her through the railing!!!” said Josh
  • Clarissa – Kennedi concocting her dinner and then eating it
  • Marie – the family chillaxing at the pool together – perfect!
  • Clarissa – just the moms and the girls at the pool this morning
  • Clarissa – “I don’t know if that’s cute of creepy.” Said opening ceremony announcer
  • Marie – the Fam at Freshies!
  • Clarissa – “when I get to go under the water and close my eyes and plug my nose!” Said abi about her favorite memory
  • Clarissa – “please?” urged clarissa. “I don’t have to,” replied Jerry on using a clicker
  • Marie – wildflowers in the mountains
  • Jerry – ‘just listening’
  • Jerry – grandkids kisses and hugs
  • Dan – 57.56 – Erik’s gold medal race to get the toys that got dropped off the balcony
  • Clarissa – 56.54 – Erik’s second gold for the same thing – with a biff!!!
  • Jerry- “it’s like you’re out to lunch with no food!”

and the bottom half of the paper was filled with grandkids drawings….

Such a perfect idea! So will be doing this memory wall again!!!

No comments: