We got home from Steamboat the day before Dan’s birthday… not only that, but Dan was supposed to leave for Idaho on his birthday for the rest of the week. So I planned a breakfast of muffins (Dan always begs me for them) and his gifts that morning.
It was a nice morning. He left for Idaho and we went on with our day of doing laundry and getting things back into swing. Around 4pm Dan shows up at home! They had an issue at work so he didn’t have to leave for Idaho until the next morning… I was still in my PJs (so were the girls) and I felt AWFUL! the house was a disaster and so were we. Every time one of his family members would call, he would say he didn’t have any great plans, in which they then asked why I didn’t plan anything… awkward! Hello! He was supposed to be gone! (Isthma’s voice of Emperor’s New Groove) So we mowed the lawn, worked on our upcoming website, and I made a pantry dinner… and THANKFULLY had stuff to make homemade root beer ice cream… which pleased Dan. We also did fireworks when it got dark.
BUT! I am just so grateful for Dan. He is such a wonderful husband and father for us. He gets put in a hard spot often by us demanding so much from him and he always handles it so well and gets away with us melting because we love him so much! He truly is my rock and I rely on him so much to keep going. I always get more done when he is working with me than when he isn’t. We accomplish so much together because we each have such different talents that mesh SO well together (on most days). I know that Dan was meant to by my spouse. There is no one better to put up with me and my weaknesses. Dan is so loving and loyal. He is kind to everyone and is always thinking of others. He goes out of his way for others even when it makes inconvenience for himself (and usually the girls). He is persistent in helping others stay strong in the gospel. I love sitting in his Sunday school class. He is a great teacher and LOVES youth.
I love you Dan! So much more today than yesterday… so much more deeper than I ever imagined. I am so grateful for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment