Friday, August 10, 2012

roy days and normal days

We attended Roy days last week. Dan and I aren’t really parade fans, but we wanted to take the girls. It was really special to watch Abi gain the confidence to go out and gather the candy that was throw. *on a side note: isn’t that illegal now… throwing candy?* Anyway, she was pretty timid. But I would be to… not because of the gathering, but because of the PARENTS that were too involved with their own kids or gathering their own candy *cough*. It was DISGUSTING to see how much candy kids were walking away with. I thought we had a lot and it was enough to fill a sandwich bag… not a grocery sack.

Dan and I just sat back and let her get some for herself. Not that I am being haughty about it, but seriously?!?! Can you just SIT DOWN?!?! No wonder there is an entitlement issue with children!

IMG_0592IMG_0595IMG_0596IMG_0597IMG_0602IMG_0605IMG_0606

We were on our way from the parade to the carnival and we saw a yard sale. Speaking of timid, I am when it comes to yard sales. I don’t know why, but I saw two chairs – wood framed wing-backs. They screamed my name! They would be perfect for our front room after some TLC…

I finally took some action and asked Dan to pull over so I could go get them. We all got out of the car and headed over to the sale. I noticed some women looking at the chairs and I said under my breath, in a joking way, to get away from them since they were mine. No kidding, right when I was getting on the grass these two Samoan women, walked off with the chairs… I just stopped and gawked. Utter SHOCK! Even thinking about it now makes me speechless. We just turned around and walked back to the car. All I could say was, “I can’t believe it!” and I still can’t.

There was a car show at the carnival… we picked out our favorite cars.

IMG_0611IMG_0612IMG_0616IMG_0617IMG_0620

Abi “posing” for her photo…IMG_0625IMG_0629

Let’s see, what else happened?

  • I played a game and got a month free pass to a local gym. Kind of excited for that. Blessings come in unique ways I guess.
  • I closed the cargo door on my Durango the other day after grocery shopping. I looked to see if I left anything, but I didn’t look good enough. There was a tomato in the way… it was not fun cleaning that out of the car.
  • Dan has been working in Idaho during the weeks… so we love weekends when we have him home.
  • Dan (no surprise) didn’t like the clothes I bought him for his birthday. So we got online and looked at styles that he liked. I went to Kohl's to exchange them for what he wanted… but got a better idea. I returned the clothes (one pair of shorts, one cowboy snap up, and two t’s) and headed over to our trusty Savers where I came out with 4 button ups and 4 t’s for Dan… in his style. It won’t matter anyway, he can’t return them :) But all for LESS than what I had returned at Kohl’s.
  • On that trip, I came out with Bermuda shorts (don’t remember the last time I owned cute shorts… oh wait, NEVER!) and two jackets for me, and a whole new winter wardrobe for Abigail… all nice brands. Abi even scored a Mini Boden dress! (normally 70.00). We were pleased! I now have a new love for this Savers. It was clean, the employees were nice, way good brands too. The one in Orem, it would be rare to score finds like these. We got brands like Gap, Element, Tony Hawk, Quiksilver, Children’s Place, Lee, and Boden. Oh AND about 6 pieces still had the tags on them… bonus!

IMG_0631IMG_0633IMG_0634

2 comments:

Jocie said...

I LOVE thrift stores! I made Lacey take me to Savers when I was up there last time. We only had a minute, but I got some awesome sheets to sew with! I even scored with 50 % off and $.99 tags. Yea!

Lora said...

Cute shorts! I bought some shorts recently that were so comfortable that I went back to Kohl's and got two more pairs in different colors. When I was explaining to John how much I loved them and how unbelievably comfortable they were he asked if I was letting myself go. Ha! I think there is such a thing as comfort and style. Right?