Wednesday, April 11, 2012

st george–part tres - oreo night

I want to introduce you to our new hobby- oreos… not just any oreo, but only the best. Berry burst ice cream and cool mint oreos are a must (I can eat a whole package of berry ones alone- dangerous) but also to sculpt with these is really how you do it-

let me explain how this came about- reading a blog, I discovered a lady who does this for a living- believe it because here is a link. did you check out her other works? what about the Flora Dentata and read what it is made out of…

since we had clipped our nails prior to coming to the condo and couldn’t find any manti around the condo, we just stuck with oreos. I thought you would appreciate that :)IMG_5400

my grandma and grandpa were awesome for joining in on the festivities- the best part- when you messed up, you would just eat the problem and start fresh. grandma started fresh a lot :)IMG_5401IMG_5402IMG_5403IMG_5404IMG_5405

check out this girl’s chunky legs- IMG_5407

oh and I LOVE this photo! it is like the epitome of brookie

  • food in her mouth
  • no pants on because of refusal
  • chilling like she owns the place
  • being held
  • crazy hair
  • and wrapping banka around her finger quite a bit more
    • a word about that- banka was SO bad at spoiling the girls. I saw him feed both girls sweets when we had said no more. And then hide the girls behind him and give me that “look.” it is a good thing I know about being this man’s girl because I realized just how well I taught these girls about their banka.

IMG_5408IMG_5409IMG_5410

erik had a southwestern easter because he carved a cactus

IMG_5412

dan carved an easterbasket

IMG_5413

abi’s – um – tasted good?

IMG_5414

mima and her tulip

IMG_5418IMG_5419

great grandpa carved an easter egg on a pedestal

IMG_5420

erik carved kermit’s footprint- yet again, not with the easter theme

IMG_5421

dan with his bunny (that looks like the grinch)

IMG_5422

see my easter bunny? yeah, I’m good like that, I know. IMG_5425

dan’s grinch-IMG_5428

my bunny-IMG_5429

then the boys got creative – did you expect less?

IMG_5430IMG_5431

failed-

IMG_5433IMG_5434

abi taught great grandma all about the wonders of a kindle fire – we know what is in her mailbox this week :) I love this photo. I think it is one of the most cherished photos from this trip. I love all these girls so much. I am so luck to have them in my life. this is one of those photos that I had the thought to take (even though I was tired of being behind a camera the whole time) and now, I am just so grateful that I did take it. IMG_5435

No comments: