oh we had such a fun Saturday! We put on a carnival for our new friends in the neighborhood who have younger kids… and some who didn’t have kids left at home. It turned out to be a great party because each family could come and participate on their own time, it was challenging enough for the kids and adults… and it was HOT!!! Perfect if you ask me.
I always had the vision that I would host a block party when my yard was actually a yard… but that would be years down the road, so I decided that this time is the best time. We actually borrowed a lawn mower and mowed!!! It was like this christening of our home… at least that is what it felt like to me. Anyway, if you like this idea, I have everything you need for the party and I can email you all the PDF’s and the game items that you would need… for about 50 people it cost about $30.00 to put on, and this includes the prizes… awesome!we had everyone bring the food (besides my Oreo b-day cake) and that was nice not to have to worry about all that…
the ducky bob – it was the goal to get out the duckies in the shortest amount of time… we had score card for everyone and there were fantastic prizes for each booth too :)
Guessing the Jelly beans in the jar – 418 for my birthday on April 18th
The ball toss- which proved to be the hardest game… who would have thought whiffle balls from the tub toys and formula cans could make such a great game!
We had bowling with big balls and half-filled water bottles… I just loved this photo of Dan and Abi squatting the same.
And a chalk art contest- so much fun!!!
Here are the photo booth photos!!
The Lairds
The Evans
The Crazies!
The Georges
The Walkers
Hula Hooping Contest!
The two Luke’s – this was the conversation
Luke (on Right): Oh hi! (like a light bulb moment) I’m Luke too.
Luke (on Left): *silence* – for those who know an Evans child… you will understand.
Our friends three day old baby Veronica-
Andy won the Jelly bean guess- he HAD to stand in front of Trevor who was two beans away from Andy’s guess…
Lon won the Hula Hooping
Guy won the Bean bag toss – a ladder with number taped on each rung… pinterest people!!!
Ashlee won the bowling low score
Luke won the bowling high score
The sidewalk chalk winner
The Georges won… the overall low score :)
And Guy Laing won the overall high score- with a “cash” prize and the trophy- I SO wish we had a photo of the trophy close up… it was a dollar store figuring glued to a formula can and spray painted gold… Guy now has the responsibility of next year’s carnival.
We also gave each kid a consolation prize…
Mathew loving the duckies – he is two days younger than Trout
While we were cleaning up Trout made her way over to the pool and climbed right it. It kept her entertained for over an hour. She loves water! Abi was even dumping pitchers of water on her and she just didn’t care.
Doesn’t Abi look so big in these?!?1
3 comments:
If it's possible, I love you even more each time I read one of your blogs! Abi AND Trout look so big! They're growing up so fast!
That looks like such a fun party! Love when that stuff turns out!
That's awesome all the way around!!! Such a fun idea for a party!!
Post a Comment