Wednesday, April 18, 2012

just some items of remembrance

  • The other week in RS Brookie fell and as I went to catch her… the cheerios in the cup decided to fly away – Brookie vacuumed the floor for the rest of class. it was kind of embarrassing but the bishop’s wife was the one to help me clean them up, telling me that it has happened to all of us.
  • we went running as a family the other Saturday. we went over to our park where there is a trail. seeing as I got a flat tire the week before, I cautioned Dan to stay on the trail *pause – the other half of this story. I didn’t stay on the trail the week before and got a flat tire, which Dan fixed and we didn’t have to use my backup tube and Dan said I could return it to wal-mart. *un-pause* However you can all guess what happened right? yep, he didn’t listen. “Oh, it won’t be that bad,” he told me and proceeded to take the stroller off the trail. oh my goodness, I wish you could have seen all three tires… they were LOADED with thorns. Not just one like I had the week before… loaded!!! We stopped and picked most of them out, but by the time we got home we were left with a flat again. When Dan fixed the tire this time, he said there were at least three puncture holes. He also had to use my backup tube and was grateful that we didn’t return it.
  • one day last week Abi was pestering me to watch a movie. She just kept asking… long story short. She asked again and finally I had it. I said, “No, no, no, no, no, no, and again no!” Which was then followed by the RS presidency knocking on my open screen door. Talk about embarrassing. Thankfully they are all mothers.
  • One of my favorite joys lately is watching Abi run circles around Brookie. Both love it, both laugh, and both are entertained; which gives me pure joy.
  • Brookie is starting to show her smarts-
    • if you blow in her face, she will blow back in yours
    • she hates getting dressed
    • she is getting better at giving loves – she will do a cute little, “Ooohhh,” when she lays on your shoulder.
    • if you try and feed her something off her tray she won’t take it, but if you take it off your tray, put it on your plate and then give her the same piece, she will scarf it down.
    • she eats more than Abigail! she packs it away!
    • she has been starting to point at everything. our favorite is if you ask her where the lights are, she will point and do a sort of whispering “th” sound.
    • still hangs on me every chance she gets
    • loves to go up stairs and can go down with help
    • loves any sort of bling
  • Abi is starting to show smarts as well… not really the good kind
    • I think she is learning this in primary
    • I know that some of it is developmental, but it has not been fun
    • when she’s good, she’s awesome!!! (which is most of the time)
    • when she’s acting out, it’s on the other end of the scale…. and it’s tough.
    • it is time to pull out my love and logic CD’s again…. :)
  • Abi has some awesome qualities right now-
    • I was having a hard time the other day and she came over and rubbed my back and sang me a song about santa picking us up and all of us flying up to the stars to visit Jesus, and how Jesus made our bodies and the earth for us to be happy. It was a sweet moment and really helped me perk up.
    • She loves to feed Brookie and that really helps me get some lunch made for us.

I just want to say how much I do love these girls and Dan. I am so blessed to have them as my friends and family forever.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I love your updates the good and the bad. I hope you have a wonderful birthday and do something fun or relaxing. I think I should look into that love and logic thing...Kylie is definitely learning her independence.