Thursday, November 20, 2014

Mima’s Weekend with Us

I mentioned how my mom came up for the wedding. We have been so blessed to have her with us so much in the past two months and we are getting her again for Thanksgiving! Yay!

She came with me to ballroom. It is fun seeing photos of myself at 37 weeks pregnant teaching ballroom.

IMAG3454IMAG3456IMAG3457

Mima helped out so much while she was here. It was the only way I could have made it through that weekend with the wedding and all that was going on!

IMAG3468IMAG3469IMAG3470

IMAG3474IMAG3479

She had some great adventures while visiting – at the dentist and learning not to park under our front tree during the fall season when all the starlings are in masses.

IMAG3482IMAG3483

She helped me a a ton with flowers when it came to cleaning and taping and advice… forgive my appearance but that is part of the behind-the-scenes.

IMAG3485

She sewed a whole bunch for the baby and let the girls help too.

IMAG3491

I think I will have such fond memories of this weekend. It truly was special.

IMAG3494_BURST001IMAG3498

Then on Friday morning, we packed the car to the BRIM with flowers, our weekend bags, and the baby stuff “just in case.”

IMAG3502IMAG3503IMAG3504

At the reception site, the kids ate lunch while I prepped ten centerpieces-

IMAG3508IMAG3509

The sealing was beautiful – almost as gorgeous as the radiating bride. It made me thankful for eternal families once again.

IMAG3511IMAG3512

My mom and “Fred” (Angela) who were instant bosom friends the first week of college and have been sisters ever since. Everyone thought my mom was another sister in the wedding party-

IMAG3514IMAG3516IMAG3520IMAG3523IMAG3527IMAG3530IMAG3538IMAG3544IMAG3545IMAG3546IMAG3548IMAG3550IMAG3551IMAG3552IMAG3553

My mom also gave me the quilt she made for Baby E. Isn’t it gorgeous? She does such an impeccable job. I had to take a nap with it just because I loved it so much!

IMAG3561

But not as much as I love these girls-

IMAG3569

Fortunately, no labor happened this weekend. It was an answer to prayers for a lot of people who were depending on me. And it was a fulfilling of a priesthood blessing I had received. Unfortunately, Mima left and two days later we had the baby-

No comments: