It is always a bitter sweet for me when leaving the hospital. Maybe it has to do with how special those days are with your new one and the people that take care of you. When you come home, all the other responsibilities come back too.
I LOVED watching this unfold – or fold up!
As much as I loved coming home, it was a tough night. Dan had class so I had to jump right back into being mom. I hope that my girls can forgive my lack of patience and remember the good from this night. It was a harsh reality check for me. Lots of tears on my end by the end of the night… but we survived.
So Happy! Ellie is such a good baby. She eats well, she sleeps well, she is calm in demeanor and just a sweet heart addition to our family.
1 comment:
Congratulations! Your girls are all so beautiful! I totally understand how hard it is with Dan having to leave right away. Wade was only given the day of the birth for Andrew off his dental residency and 36 hours after birth I was home with the kids, alone. Make sure you get and ask for help and take care of yourself, momma! I'm pretty sure the stress of that situation is what sent me into my postpartum depression. This time will be the first that Wade ever gets paternity leave, crazy. Snuggle that baby; love watching your girls grow. :)
Post a Comment