Saturday, December 28, 2013

November Realities–Thanksgiving Festivities

These are all photos from the three days before Thanksgiving. We sure had a lot to do!

B is my buddy. She is so much fun to have as my side kick during the days! She also thinks that sitting in Abi’s booster seat is the best thing ever.

2013-11-26 15.49.41

One night while I was cooking dinner, I turned around to see the girls taste testing the cheese – I don’t blame them, but the must have been eating it for awhile because they were hardly hungry for dinner.

2013-11-26 18.52.552013-11-26 18.52.58

Every where we go, B wears dress ups. This one was her favorite for a while. She’s so darn cute!

2013-11-27 13.24.07-12013-11-27 13.24.09

She wore it all day when we went up to Salt Lake to play with Aunt Jenny, cousins Rome, Capri, and Turino, and Aunt Jocie. We had a wonderful day!

2013-11-27 15.47.59

We also drove down to Payson to visit Mima and Banka and Great Grandma and Grandpa Thun the night before Thanksgiving. We had so much fun and decided that it was the best time we have had to date with our Great Grandparents.

We colored with Banka and Mima. We watched and danced to the Cuckoo Clock. We ate Great Grandma’s pinwheels clean out.

2013-11-27 20.08.052013-11-27 20.08.092013-11-27 20.08.232013-11-27 20.08.382013-11-27 20.08.472013-11-27 20.08.512013-11-27 20.10.46

We taught Great Grandma how to use Google speak to search for and call people – my great grandma has a smart phone? So neat!

2013-11-27 20.11.032013-11-27 20.39.27

AND, the best ever… we introduced Great Grandma and Grandpa to “What does the Fox Say?”

2013-11-27 20.52.25

I sure love my grandparents. I have learned so much from them. My grandpa is an oil painter by hobby and is painting some gorgeous mountain scenes right now. He hasn’t painted almost my whole life so I love the idea that he has gone back to his talents. It is never too late in life for something like that. I love that their home is filled with artwork. I love that my grandma is into genealogy and has indexed over half a million names… she even has a medallion for it. And I love my grandma’s apple pie. I told Dan on our second date when he came over to my house that he would fall in love with me because I fed him a piece of her apple pie.

No comments: