Saturday, December 14, 2013

November Memories

We had such a busy November! In fact, it was so busy that I have paid for it since December started… maybe more to come on that when I get to that. However, we sure love fun outings and daily joys. Here are some for our month of Thanksgiving.

We went to a BYU Basketball game!

2013-11-02 20.22.512013-11-03 17.11.28

B spent a lot of time on the table? Crazy girl…

2013-11-04 15.41.37

No kidding, this happened in ONE night. Boom! Leaves on the ground. It was truly beautiful, but made for a bit of work for us…

2013-11-05 11.03.012013-11-05 11.03.22

But it also allowed for fun!

2013-11-05 17.05.342013-11-05 17.05.47

And tuckered out sisters – who sleep the same way.

2013-11-06 21.55.59

Wrestling with Dad in the morning… we cherish our time with him.

2013-11-07 08.35.512013-11-07 08.36.09

We went to a meeting about the field behind our home. Development starts next year and we are seriously kind of sad.

2013-11-07 18.26.272013-11-07 18.36.20

I found some SERIOUS Christmas presents for the girls at DI. I am SO excited for the girls “big gift” of dress-ups that we found at a yard sale and then a ton of shoes I have been finding at thrift stores. The dress-ups are all from the Disney Store and I think we have all the princesses and their ball gowns. So excited for that.

 2013-11-08 13.00.552013-11-08 13.01.032013-11-08 13.01.17

More leaf raking. We really tried to keep our yard clean but have discovered that we can’t rake leaves until Thanksgiving because they kept coming! Three Saturday mornings! But I loved having the girls work with us. It made the rest of our Saturday’s after raking good days. 2013-11-09 09.39.022013-11-09 09.39.112013-11-09 09.54.13

Fun shadows on a Sunday afternoon-

2013-11-10 15.24.01

Thank you notes from good friends.

2013-11-11 10.57.582013-11-11 10.58.15

See the dog bed? See the dog in it? LOL! More on the bed to come…

2013-11-12 15.07.512013-11-12 15.08.00

Fun fall pictures from school…

2013-11-12 15.52.28

Wrinkles from time in the tub-

2013-11-12 19.55.18

Sisters who sometimes get a long (my favorite joys!)

2013-11-13 09.41.222013-11-13 09.41.48

“Selfie!” Over a month (mid-october to mid-november), I ate a no-carb diet as much as I could and lowered my caloric intake to about 1200 cals from around 2000 daily. Thus, I lost fifteen pounds and I feel great (I am back to high school weight and size)! It was one of the hardest things I have done and I can’t say that I have done as well since my thirty days were up, but I still try. I have gained a little bit of size back in my mid-section, but that is from eating carbs because they make me feel pretty bloated. I have learned TONS about eating right and hope that I can continue to maintain. I eat a lot of veggies, good fats, and lean proteins… so eggs, veggies, chicken, and avocados. These are staples.

2013-11-13 14.07.15-1

I was able to take Abi to the Nutcracker with the YW in our ward. It was a fun time and a great performance.

2013-11-13 19.30.04-12013-11-13 20.17.412013-11-13 20.17.45

Abi and her friend Ella.

2013-11-13 20.18.082013-11-13 20.18.25

My Diva-

2013-11-14 12.48.152013-11-14 13.09.21

My Diva who POURS over the American Girl magazines for hours!

2013-11-14 13.42.472013-11-14 13.42.542013-11-15 10.42.01-1

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Oh my gosh, you look amazing!!! What an inspiration you are to me, seriously. I have totally struggled since coming off of birth control, I feel completely crazy and out of control, and I gained 10 pounds! Thanks for sharing, it's inspiring to see success stories, you did an awesome job!