Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Valentine's Hate or Love?... Definitely feelin' the love this year!

I have never really been a fan of Valentine's (at least in the romantic area) because it never turned out with what I had envisioned. You know the whole secret admirer or the surprise rose delivery from the student council from the guy two seats in front of you that you like, but don't know what his feelings are...I have to say, it never happened to me! So I kept my hopes up, but secretly dispised the day. At least until I got married. Then once my expectations were on the table between Dan and me , I have enjoyed myself completely! Not that I am demanding, but any married woman knows that men just don't read minds (still love you sweetie!). So since I still harbor those scared memories of the past... I have tried this year to put forth some effort into the celebration of the love...as you can tell by my background. I even went as far as to put Valentine's clings on our bathroom mirror.
Dan is so great about Valentine's though. I stole my cousin Tiff's requirement's of something pink, red and completely frivolous and it works with us. One year Dan got me a pink cover for my iPod and then last year he surprised me with red love notes in the snow at our farmhouse in NY. This year I got letters and candy from Loveland, CO and Romance, AR! What a fantastic idea! I love my hubby so much! And I feel like I have been a good girl because I got them early.

So to continue with my resolution to the love holiday... and since the funding is a bit tight this year, we are staying digital for our Valentines hand out... Love us!

1 comment:

Marie T. said...

Yummy! What a cutie! How I love those little cheeks and sparkly eyes!