Friday, August 28, 2015

In which Abi turns Seven

How did this girl get so big? I ask myself this question daily for all my girls. But this one... man she is growing up to be such a good girl!
Abi turned seven! Yay!


Birthday morning parfaits-











Brookie and I spent the whole day making Abi's cake. She helped and it was just right up her alley. 



Overall, I felt the cake was a success. I didn't know because I was too busy to research, how to get some coral to stay up. I would have done chocolate if I had time, but wasn't able to. So we just used some plastic. Abi was thrilled with it anyway and that is all that matters. I loved the bubbles and the iridescent brushing on them. 



She chose a lemon cake with lemon filling and a fresh lemon buttercream frosting with fondant to cover. (I sound like I'm on Cupcake Wars).

I took the girls to Thanksgiving Point to celebrate Abi's birthday. So easy and perfect for them. 

Abi loves Chinese food and requested egg drop soup for dinner. It was a fantastic dinner with fantastic family. Abi received some new shoes and jacket, a couple of palace pets from her sisters, a watch, and the bike she got this summer. 

Abi, how we love you! So proud of the life you have lived this far. You are growing up to be such a fantastic young girl. Here are just seven of the many things we love about you-
  1. Brookie - "Because we are besties and we are sisters with Ellie." Yes Abi, you are a great sister. You sacrifice so much already for your sisters. You are always giving up toys and spots and dishes to help your other sisters feel comfortable. You are such a good sitter for me when I need to get a couple of things done around the house... you are going to be one hot commodity when you are old enough to babysit. 
  2. Abi we love that you are animated and bubbly. You have such great stories to tell! You feel every word with personality and vigor. You are so happy and we know why people want to be your friends. 
  3. Abi we love that you can tune in to others' feelings. You are keenly gifted with knowing how your family is feeling, especially mom. This will be to your benefit when you are older. 
  4. Abi we love your growing testimony of Jesus Christ. Just this past week again, you lost your lunch box and prayed to find it, and sure enough, it showed up. Christ loves you and we see you developing a personal relationship with him that is strong and will help you when times get rough. You know the scriptures very well and your primary teachers are impressed with this all the time. 
  5. Abi we love that you are learning how to work through your emotions. Things haven't been easy this past month, but you are persevering and conquering. Your piano is already showing great promise as you have kept patience and tried again.
  6. Abi we love your sense of style. As you would say, "It just screams Abi." And it definitely does. You are bright and colorful and dress just what you feel. Hopefully you can keep it that way!
  7. Abi - you will always be my "sweet Abi". That is what I have called you since I first met you. You live up to my feelings for you and I cannot be more proud of you. I am excited to see your growth and discoveries this year. There is so much excitement and adventure waiting for you!

No comments: