Tuesday, August 11, 2015

cecret lake trail

A Saturday in July we headed up into the mountains to hike Cecret Lake. We were like the first ones in and the first out. I have no idea why we are SO slow, especially when families with our same demographic would pass us on the way up and then they'd pass us again on their way out and we were still going in... *sigh It was beautiful and we did enjoy the scenery.


Abi hiked her doll in and Brookie's Ariel but you can't see her. As a lady said who passed us, "That is true love of a girl." I replied, "And true love of parents." The doll definitely made for some challenges along the way, but she did it and neither Dan or me carried her.

We carried this lug instead. 



Little did we know, it was the wildflower festival up the canyon which is probably why there were so many people. But we were not disappointed! The mountainside was GORGEOUS! 





It may be a novelty to most people, but this is a regular occurrence at Dan's parents' home. However, the girls were thrilled with it. 











Sharing snacks- actually, I think Eliza at most of it herself. Dan felt a bit jipped.











I loved this plant pushing through the rocks - the radiating cracks were so neat.



Gotta get all that frosting :)




















Let's just say the Brookie told Dan, "I'm going to stand backwards." I'll take that rebellion over others any day. 




Abi took hold of the camera. I figured we need to start letting her learn how to handle one different than a phone. I have cropped and edited them... some of the photos, our heads didn't even make it in. We'll keep working on it. 






No comments: