We did it! He did it! Two long years and graduation finally came. Dan's parents came the first afternoon of ceremony. I came armed with activities for the girls, but Eliza was another story. It took her all two hours, out in the hall, to fall asleep with a lot of screaming... and then it was time to go. She didn't sleep long. But I am glad I took the girls.
We ate at a restaurant called The Lotus Garden. It is a dingy, stinky hole-in-the-wall chinese place and tastes just as awful as it smells. But Dan and his buddy Chris used to eat there after every semester's finals were over. Dan and I continued the tradition too. So we had to do it one last time. We all enjoyed watching Dan eat ;) and Abi drink egg drop soup. We were just happy to be celebrating Dan and his accomplishment.
I have to put this in here - this is the restaurant that Dan fed Abi straight wasabi paste when she was about 14 months old and Abi did not take it very well. It was also the place that Brooklyn was only about 4 months old and she had a blowout... she bathed in the dirty back sink in the restroom. So our whole family has a place here :)
The girls made Dan candy leis for a gift. It was SO melting hot that they didn't last long. But the girls liked the craft and Dan liked the sparkles... we have to have those.
Dan also got to the line to line up and we realized that the bookstore had given Dan blue undergrad robes, not black master's robes. I wasn't too happy about it, but you couldn't really tell. We exchanged them after commencement.
No comments:
Post a Comment