We hosted our annual murder mystery dinner last weekend. It was nice to have something to keep my mind occupied with this incubation thing going on. This year we did our dinner with three other couples. It was a 1920’s themed dinner/dress and all the characters were colors.
Oh my goodness, we were laughing from the moment the guests arrived. I don’t know if it was my pregnant brain, but I couldn’t stay in character at all! Everyone else did a great job. I felt so unfocused but it was welcomed because I just kept laughing. These two were hilarious!!! A couple acting as mother and son was amazing!
Then we had our diva and french lawyer – the Shepards. This was the first time they had done something with any of us but they pulled it off wonderfully! They won best character and costume.
Then there were the Wrights… Oh how I love them. The whole night Allie would comment to her husband something like “be careful what you say because they won’t invite us next year.” It kept cracking us up!
Overall, this was a much needed night. Between good friends, good conversation, and good food, we were set up for success. Everyone (besides me) was committed to their character and it made all the difference.
Can you tell my girls were SO tired!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment