Thursday, October 2, 2014

Park City- Morgan’s Baby Shower

On top of Homecoming flowers, Dan’s sister and I hosted a baby shower for our Sister-in-law Morgan. She is due with a boy two weeks before I am. She asked for a knight themed party and that was fun to create around.

However, don’t let a pregnant woman make a banner – it only took three tries to get it in the right order!

_MG_1052

We had a cheese platter, sword toothpicks for fruit, cannonball malt balls, chess cookies, javelin cookies, gold coins, dragon scales (chips), and dragon’s fire (salsa). The food was SO good!

_MG_1054

See? We FINALLY got it right!

_MG_1055_MG_1056_MG_1057_MG_1058

And then it was present time -

_MG_1059_MG_1060_MG_1061_MG_1062_MG_1064_MG_1065_MG_1066_MG_1068_MG_1069_MG_1070

Jocie came up with some cute games for the girl cousins… drinking out of a bottle-

_MG_1072_MG_1074_MG_1076_MG_1078_MG_1079_MG_1080

Diapering a baby bear-

_MG_1081_MG_1084_MG_1085

Check out these AWESOME balloons!

_MG_1088_MG_1090_MG_1093_MG_1095_MG_1099_MG_1101

I look so out of place in this photo. I never realize how much taller I am in the family until a photo like this. My belly can totally fit on top of Morgan’s belly. HA!

_MG_1103

Speaking of balloons- I am getting this big! - We went up early to Park City to see the balloon festival. It was a gorgeous morning and so much fun to be up where Dan grew up and where I did a lot of my growing up because my cousins lived right next to this park. The stories we swapped were so much fun! I learn new things about Dan all the time and can’t believe it.

2014-09-20 08.53.342014-09-20 08.54.29

I sure love this growing family of mine. I am grateful daily for our blessings of being able to be a forever family. Just looking at this photo completes me. How excited we are for baby E to get to us (8 weeks from this photo) and complete our family even more. I look forward to the feeling of growing love and wonder at how we ever were without her. I know it will come and I can’t wait!

No comments: