Friday, May 30, 2014

Tulip Festival–Thanksgiving Point

At the beginning of May, we were able to go to the tulip festival. Things looked pretty bleak the few days before we were scheduled to go because it was so darn cold. It was even pretty chilly the day we went but the sun was warm enough.

It was gorgeous! Even at the entrance. We had never been to the gardens before this. We also got lucky because Mima was visiting us too. We sure love her!

2014-04-30 12.21.39IMAG1168

It isn’t very often that you see scriptures and the word of the Lord out in public but scripture plaques were all over the gardens. It made my heart sing and I loved it.

2014-04-30 12.35.082014-04-30 12.36.482014-04-30 12.36.54IMAG1175

Speaking of love, I love these girls. Check out the outfits…those girls dress themselves and they both have their own ideas of fashion and I love it.

IMAG1178IMAG1180

Doesn’t this look like a painting. Oh they do such a good job with their color schemes there.

IMAG1181IMAG1182IMAG11862014-04-30 12.59.27IMAG11892014-04-30 13.01.562014-04-30 13.02.01IMAG11912014-04-30 13.03.212014-04-30 13.03.24IMAG1196IMAG1198IMAG1200IMAG12072014-04-30 13.10.37IMAG1213IMAG1220IMAG1221IMAG1227IMAG1229IMAG12332014-04-30 13.27.49IMAG1234

IMAG1244IMAG1246

Our toes matched the tulips in this garden-

IMAG1248IMAG1253IMAG1262IMAG1274IMAG1276

One of our favorite gardens was the Secret Garden. It actually inspired me to read the book which I had never read before. I finished it last week and LOVED every page. Such a good book. I can’t wait to read it with my girls someday.

IMAG1283IMAG1287IMAG12992014-04-30 14.30.55IMAG1302IMAG1307

The Light of the World garden is going to be amazing! These bronze statues are going to be made life-size and placed in an outdoor gallery. Even the small versions were enough to tug at my heart strings. I am just so grateful for the Savior and know with out a doubt that he did walk on this earth and he did suffer for our sins and pains.

IMAG1326IMAG1329IMAG1334IMAG1336IMAG1345IMAG1349

Of course, the day required ice cream to help our tired feet-

IMAG1351IMAG1352IMAG1348IMAG1292IMAG1293IMAG1266

And the end of the day requires silly face selfies before bedtime.

IMAG1165IMAG1158IMAG1160

Thanks Mima for most of the photos- you do such a good job!

No comments: