Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Spring Break in Colorado

The first half of our Spring Break happened to be General conference. So it worked out perfectly for us to sneak away for a couple of days and take Dan with us. Thankfully he came willingly :)

We always take the girls’ bikes down to my parents’ because they have an awesome driveway. I loved watching Dan fix the bikes and had the girls help. He is such a good Dad.

2014-04-05 09.48.16

Our General Conference consisted of lots of coloring and uplifting words by prophets. How I love the Prophets! I came away from Conference knowing what I wanted to focus my family towards for the next little while and I also felt ready to take on what’s next. I also felt I needed to add a little more faith in my life too.

2014-04-05 10.27.362014-04-05 10.50.092014-04-05 11.15.59

In between sessions was Studio C. Another favorite of our family’s!

2014-04-05 16.35.042014-04-05 18.10.19

When the boys came home from Priesthood my Dad was talking about the word of the year and had no idea what a “selfie” was. So I showed him. So great!

2014-04-05 21.19.372014-04-06 10.04.542014-04-06 10.05.01

The cuddling with Banka was a favorite too. He sure loves his girls!

2014-04-06 10.59.20-22014-04-06 11.08.312014-04-06 11.08.37

If I spoke in conference, I would dread getting called to speak in the afternoon session on Sunday. It is when osmosis is supposed to happen, I guess.

2014-04-06 14.56.092014-04-06 15.53.242014-04-06 15.53.45

Brookie sure loves Suzie doll… my baby doll from when I was her age.

2014-04-06 16.02.582014-04-06 16.03.122014-04-06 16.03.45-22014-04-06 16.03.49

The girls LOVE doing Mima’s dishes. Don’t you love Abi’s hair clip?

2014-04-06 18.23.292014-04-06 18.24.352014-04-06 18.24.56

Board games are a must as well-

2014-04-06 18.44.58

And spending time at Banka’s Papa Murphy’s store. We got lucky and showed up during cookie dough time… yum!

2014-04-07 11.26.122014-04-07 13.32.47

The morning we left, we headed up to Grand Junction to Colorado National Monument and hiked. We did a trail called No Thoroughfare. Sounds terrible huh? It was a great hike and it was GORGEOUS weather. It took us longer than planned but was such a wonderful afternoon well spent.

2014-04-08 11.06.092014-04-08 11.06.152014-04-08 11.06.212014-04-08 11.08.26-2

When all else fails, throw a fit in the dirt.

2014-04-08 11.08.39

2014-04-08 11.11.052014-04-08 11.33.00

The first stop was at the pond- and of course, Dan had to jump in. I have come to expect these things. What I didn’t expect was the episode of Abi slipping and falling straight on a cactus after this. We pulled lots of pokies out of her legs and such. It made me sad and I can’t say she did great during that, but she came back quickly afterwards.

2014-04-08 11.40.432014-04-08 11.42.072014-04-08 11.42.282014-04-08 11.44.542014-04-08 11.45.012014-04-08 11.45.33

The second stop was at a waterfall. We at lunch here and turned around. It was really neat and a great destination spot.

2014-04-08 12.41.322014-04-08 12.41.462014-04-08 12.56.592014-04-08 12.57.03

We did it!!!

2014-04-08 14.48.562014-04-08 14.49.20-1

Airing out on the way home-

2014-04-08 15.04.582014-04-08 15.05.082014-04-08 15.05.22

We love Colorado – We love family – We love the Gospel

No comments: