Friday, October 5, 2012

the girls and the apple

don’t you feel like those moments that mean the most are the ones that you just can never capture on camera. That was last week for me. I was folding laundry and the girls were sitting on the stairs. When I looked up Abi was sharing her apple with Trout. Trout dislikes fruit in it’s true form (she will eat it pureed) and here was Abi sharing with her and she was EATING it! I thought to grab my camera and then knew that if I did, the moment would end. I wanted to just stay put but couldn’t and knew I had to try. To my utter delight, they stayed put.

_MG_2370_MG_2372

_MG_2375

_MG_2377

_MG_2378

_MG_2380_MG_2381

_MG_2382

I am just so grateful that I have that memory recorded by photos. I consider that one of those tender mercies from the Lord.

Here is B. I was trying so hard to capture her “David Bowie” hair… as she pushed the panic button on my keys and woke up the whole neighborhood.

_MG_2388_MG_2390

While I was doing Homecoming flowers, she proceeded to put herself into the wipes box. She thought she was hot stuff. You can just see it in her eyes.

_MG_2392_MG_2393

_MG_2394_MG_2397

_MG_2399_MG_2400

Abi was outside with this awesome outfit (did you check out the one from the apple pictures?) eating a cupcake from her b-day party.

_MG_2402

Oh how I love this photo of Trout. _MG_2433

Can I just say that when I look at my girls, my heart gets so full. I am so thankful I have them. They usually get along well and really are considerate of each other. This past week in the dressing room of Old Navy while I was trying on every pair of jeans (a terrible hunt without success so far), Abi was crying because she got hurt and Brookie climbed up on the bench next to her and rubbed her back. It was such a tender gesture and you could see that B was so concerned for Abi.

2 comments:

Sterling Bo said...

Your girls are so darling to each other! They learn from their parents. :-)

Just a Note said...

I love this entire post!!! You inspire me to want to take more pictures of my kids. Your girls are so beautiful!