Monday, October 22, 2012

conference in colorado

It is kind of becoming tradition that we spend the fall General conference in Montrose. We had a quick weekend trip this time, but it was still enjoyable as usual. We helped my mom clean out her garden between sessions on Saturday. The weather was gorgeous and so was her garden. We cut as many zinnias to take inside as possible, for the next morning, they were all DEAD! It was the saddest thing ever. Mr. Frost got the best of them.

About conference, I just want to say some things. I was thrilled to hear the great news about missionaries and think it was a very logical and wonderful change for the church for many reasons. But what I thought was the greatest thing is how President Monson looked like he wanted to dance around he was so excited to share the news. And how each of the apostles after him also had to reiterate the good news because it was good news and they were so excited to share it. As we watched President Monson initially reveal the revelations, the spirit was SO strong in my heart. I knew without a doubt that it was revelation received from God. We were wrapped up in the anticipation of hearing his words and hanging on each syllable. As he spoke, my joy grew full and my eyes teared up. I couldn’t help but think of two things – 1) how much joy we must have felt as we directly listened to God reveal his earthly plan for us and 2) how the early saints must have felt when Joseph Smith would reveal new revelations concerning the reestablished church. What a wonderful and memorable experience.

The other thing about conference was that I felt that every question that I came to conference with, was answered. I always write down some questions I have concerning things that I need to change, grow, or just need answered. This conference was no different again. Those questions were addressed and that strengthened my testimony of God’s love for me even more.

Sunday was nice to be able to have my brother and Dad around to listen with us. We put together a puzzle of the Salt Lake temple that I had picked up. It was a great activity.

 _MG_2606_MG_2610

_MG_2614

_MG_2617

_MG_2619

_MG_2624

_MG_2629

_MG_2630

_MG_2631_MG_2634

_MG_2638

_MG_2641

_MG_2643

_MG_2644

_MG_2646_MG_2647

_MG_2648_MG_2649

_MG_2653_MG_2654

_MG_2658_MG_2660

_MG_2661_MG_2665

_MG_2667

_MG_2668_MG_2669

_MG_2671_MG_2673

_MG_2674

_MG_2675

_MG_2676

_MG_2677_MG_2680

_MG_2686

_MG_2691

_MG_2692

_MG_2697

_MG_2699

 

_MG_2702

_MG_2703

_MG_2704

_MG_2711

_MG_2715

_MG_2717

_MG_2719

_MG_2724

_MG_2730

_MG_2731

_MG_2733

_MG_2735

_MG_2739_MG_2741

_MG_2744

_MG_2746_MG_2747

_MG_2748_MG_2752

_MG_2757_MG_2762

_MG_2765

_MG_2766

_MG_2767

_MG_2768

_MG_2771

1 comment:

Samantha said...

LOVE conference, too; it's always such a relief and a I always feel so 'full'. And you look so great! You must be losing weight!