Wednesday, September 26, 2012

a month late–but oh so worth it

Abi had her birthday party last week. It was a six week endeavor since we had problems getting what I ordered to be sent by the company I ordered them from. Not cool. But once I got what I needed (40 yards of pink tulle and 100 yards of pink ribbon) we set off working to to create a fun atmosphere and ballerina party for Abi.

_MG_2219-001_MG_2227-001

_MG_2229-001

_MG_2236-001_MG_2242-001

_MG_2246_MG_2248

How I love these girls-

_MG_2251_MG_2253_MG_2254_MG_2258_MG_2260

_MG_2263_MG_2265

_MG_2268

When the guests arrived, they all received a tutu. Then we had a mini dance class.

_MG_2273_MG_2277_MG_2278_MG_2281_MG_2283_MG_2286_MG_2289_MG_2290_MG_2292_MG_2293_MG_2299_MG_2301

I love Brookie in the next two photos. She was so intent on doing what everyone else was doing.

_MG_2304

_MG_2305

At the end of the class all the girls got ribbon wands. Dan and Abi made the stick part and I did the ribbon. These were so easy and were the HIT of the party (besides Abi of course)._MG_2307

_MG_2309

Abi’s good friend Ryder was such a sport and was so careful about what was a girl thing and what was a boy thing. We tried to tell him that boys can dance, but he wouldn’t hear of it. He was such a good sport and handled himself like a gentleman.

_MG_2311_MG_2312

One of my favorites-

_MG_2314_MG_2318

Then it was time for food and goodies! We all sang to Abi and she blew out her candles on her cupcakes. She later told Dan’s mom that she was sad she didn’t have a cake, but let me tell you, she chose the cupcakes a week earlier. Silly girl :)

_MG_2319

Rianna – so like her parents _MG_2321

Grace as sweet as ever-

_MG_2323

Abi’s wish-

_MG_2332_MG_2333_MG_2334_MG_2335

Ashlee who LOVED dancing! She wanted to keep dancing after the mini class was over.

_MG_2336

Kennadee who was EXTREMELY talented and caught on to dancing better than most of the girls.

_MG_2337

Brookie was wary of the guests but I KNOW she took in every ounce of the happenings.

_MG_2338

Paizlee – was the youngest and the quietest, but was sweet as usual.

_MG_2340

Avery, I think, was in heaven being in the dance world. She was very good and so happy!

_MG_2341

After snacks and opening presents, the enjoyed a bit of time playing with all of Abi’s toys.

_MG_2343

_MG_2348

I get a kick out of these photos of B. I love how her tutu goes down in the front and out in the back. And those chunky legs! AHH!!!

_MG_2351_MG_2353

Rachel was so cute and I finally got her to smile at me.

_MG_2357_MG_2358_MG_2359_MG_2362_MG_2365_MG_2366_MG_2367_MG_2368

Each girl got a ballerina pin (like Abi’s above) and a CD with ballerina music to take home. It was the most chaotic hour but was so rewarding! Those 20 minutes teaching dance were the happiest 20 minutes I have had in a long time. My calves were sore from all the jumps (crazy), but it just made me smile. I was so in my element and hope that someday I can do it again.

Abi, we love you and hope you can remember this party for the years to come!

4 comments:

Just a Note said...

Please, please, please, please, please, PLEASE move to Denver!!! So that my girls can take dance classes from you!!! Your party looks amazing - I wish we could have been there! Love you!

Samantha said...

Yay!! So glad she had a super fun party! And it is totally exhausting to entertain a bunch of four year olds, but how fun that you got to do a dance lesson, that's awesome!

Marie T. said...

I love how happy YOU look teaching dance. What a joy.

Abe n Linz said...

Fun!