In the midst of this week’s storms (yes, a couple of them), the spirit was able to help me see and feel peace through joyful moments. I wanted to share some of those with you.
While walking home from a RS activity this week, I found great joy trying to keep up with Abi as she rode ahead on her trike. Brookie was squealing in the stroller and I was filled with joy.
I found great joy this week in watching my girls play and laugh together as they colored at their art table.
Receiving emails and comments on my blog uplifting and supporting me filled my heart.
Reading and finishing a chapter book with Abi – a ritual I intend to keep with her.
Going to the temple this week with my family, my heart was so full, it overflowed out my eyes.
Watching my girls play in the dirt together yesterday while I sat and got some rays filled my soul with joy.
My hubby calling me at 10 am instead of 11pm to surprise me was a joyful moment this week.
Selling my first order by someone who found us on google maps was a joyful moment today.
Trout lounging on me when she is tired gave me joy this week and made me feel wanted and needed.
Getting letters in the mail from friends I miss terribly was really joyful. There is nothing like a hand-written letter.
Making meals for people in my ward gives me great joy – love my calling!
Giving our floral arrangement to its recipient was even more joyful.
Watching Abi put on a dance performance for me was a REALLY joyful moment.
Watching Brookie play outside and run around gives me great joy.
Sitting in my back yard seeing all the hard work we have put into our yard this summer = joy. Lots to go, but so far come already.
Smelling my lavender plants is joy to me…. I have my own living plants!!!
Being able to take a nap on the couch today gave me joy… seriously, I never get naps like that.
Eating Maverick frozen yogurt on the patio with Abi and Dan was a joyful moment today.
Abi telling me today, “You weren’t wrong!” was a fantastic moment – I was right in her eyes!
Talking with my parents this week was filled with joyful moments.
Watching BYU make a touchdown – a different kind of joy, but still joyful none-the-less
Having my prayers and fasts answered this week filled my heart with joy and love towards my Savior and Heavenly Father.
Having Dan here next to me as I type this is really joyful. I miss him when he is gone and it gets worse every week.
The more I type, the more I remember of the good this week – I should do this more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment