Thursday, June 21, 2012

a father’s day birthday

we had such a wonderful Sunday last weekend. We were able to celebrate Brookie’s birthday and father’s day together. Abi and I made breakfast for our two honored guests and then we had presents!IMG_7832IMG_7838IMG_7839IMG_7844

her large personality just can’t be contained in such a teeny body

IMG_7847IMG_7848IMG_7854IMG_7864IMG_7874

Abi gave Trout this little Elmo. Abi has a Grover just like it-IMG_7879IMG_7883

giving Elmo lovesIMG_7886

Abi was so excited to give Dan his present that we had made together. She couldn’t contain herself-IMG_7897IMG_7899IMG_7900IMG_7908IMG_7909IMG_7912IMG_7914IMG_7915IMG_7916IMG_7924IMG_7926IMG_7931

Abi made Dan a cute card. It was a drawing of Dan and then she picked out computer stickers to put on the card- she passed up all the hunting and camping ones to pick out computer ones – does that say something about where you can always find him?

IMG_7933IMG_7935

Brookie was enthralled with licking the tag on Elmo

IMG_7937

Then she leaned down to look at something on the floor and hit her head on the table- I love the succession of the next photographs.IMG_7940IMG_7941IMG_7943

IMG_7945IMG_7962IMG_7988

She got a baby doll from us – and like I said in another post – is obsessed with eyes.

IMG_7991IMG_7992IMG_7995IMG_7998IMG_7999IMG_8016

For the past year, I wrote down something I was thankful that Dan did or something that I love about him – every day! It was a tough year to remember to do this, but it felt so good to give it to him! IMG_8019IMG_8023IMG_8030

After church we were invited over to our friends’ home to eat dinner and have cake. This was the cake I made for Brookie

IMG_8034IMG_8037IMG_8038

She wore a cute ribbon that said, “birthday princess” on it.

IMG_8040IMG_8045IMG_8051IMG_8056IMG_8061IMG_8066

We enjoyed watching her try a whole bunch of tactics of eating the cake- fingers, tongue, and then thinking she was close enough to the cake to take a bite and bite air instead. It was way cute! Abi, or course, enjoyed it right along with her.

IMG_8069IMG_8072IMG_8073

We went to the doctor on Monday and here are Brookie’s stats-

Weight – 22.3 lbs. – 71%

Height – 30.25 ins – 85%

She doesn’t look like she weighs this much, but even the nurse was a little taken back when she tried to pick her up and it wasn’t what she was expecting.

1 comment:

Marie T. said...

Her personality is larger than life! What a cutie!