Saturday, June 16, 2012

in which brooke trout turns one

Brooklyn Florence-

I can’t believe that I am already writing this. It seems that this year has flown by so fast for us. I am in awe that I will have a one year old again.

It seems like just yesterday that I was got up and showered at 5 am to wait all day (until 7:45 pm) for the hospital to call and tell me that we could come in and give birth. We were at a pinewood derby when the hospital called and all our friends cheered for us.

It is eleven o’clock right now. At this point last year I was sleeping soundly while you were coming into the world. I slept for two hours without any pain and when I woke up… you were coming whether we were ready or not. And oh what a wonderful, peaceful entrance you made here. Holding you in my arms was the closest to heaven I have felt in my life. I even knew that your other siblings were around us as well. I knew that you were amazing and I just couldn’t wait to reunite you with Abigail.

IMG_8525

(You can read the whole story here)

In the year since, you have grown in leaps and bounds. I thank our heavenly father daily that you are healthy and a spitfire of a girl. You are so smart and so funny! You LOVE your space and you WILL defend your territory at all costs! We need you to stay this strong for we know that it is the strong spirit who can withstand the world ahead.

The spiritual experience that your birth became to me testified of the plan of salvation. and still does. One cannot say that there were not angels to help me that night and angels helping you on the other side. Oh, and that unspeakable peace that just radiated and permeated every corner of the delivery room still grasps at my heart string when I look back on that night. I know without a shadow of a doubt that Heavenly Father is completely aware and knowledgeable about each and every one of us. We just have to turn to Him and allow Him to come in.

I still love to look at the first picture I sent to my mom of you and the photos that were taken the two days at the hospital. You were so peaceful, but would sure give us headaches if you didn’t have something just right. Thankfully I knew that would probably stick because you are just the same way girl.

So with tradition here is the one thing that I love about you for your first birthday:

  1. Brooklyn, I love that you light up when you see me or Abi. The smile on your face is so cute and so genuine when you catch sight of us. Especially when we come in to get you from your naps.

Now, we tried our best to grab some birthday photos of you, but you would have none of it. I just wanted one I could frame (not fifty thousand). Maybe when we give you your cake tomorrow we can get a good moment. You just have four teeth coming in on top and you are not happy with that. But I have to say, when I look at these photos, they SCREAM who you are to a T! They are perfect just like you!

 

IMG_7470IMG_7492IMG_7502IMG_7507IMG_7518IMG_7537IMG_7540IMG_7541IMG_7545IMG_7566IMG_7577IMG_7579IMG_7594IMG_7602IMG_7627IMG_7649IMG_7660IMG_7667IMG_7668IMG_7686IMG_7690IMG_7698IMG_7699IMG_7702

 

IMG_7707IMG_7710IMG_7725IMG_7731IMG_7742IMG_7747IMG_7751IMG_7754IMG_7756IMG_7763IMG_7765IMG_7770IMG_7806IMG_7811IMG_7817

4 comments:

Marie T. said...

Happy Birthday little Brooke Trout!
We love you!

Andrew and Starrie said...

She is SO cute! I cant believe it has been a year! She sure is a cutie:)

Samantha said...

Such cute photos! Her personality shines in them. Happy Birthday Brooklyn!

Samantha said...

Happy Birthday, little girl! She's ONE!! It's crazy how much quicker the second baby seems to turn one, isn't it?!