Tuesday, January 24, 2012

house updates!

I know that you are all needing to see our slow progress. Things have slowed down so much lately. We just have tons, and I mean TONZ (with a Z) of those small projects. Hopefully someday I will be able to post about all the little things we are doing. But for now, photos will suffice-

IMG_3884

abi licked the pizza dough bowl -

IMG_3885

the entry way from the kitchen/dining area

IMG_3886IMG_3887IMG_3888

the front room – someday it may be a “formal” room, but who am I kidding?

IMG_3889IMG_3890IMG_3891IMG_3893IMG_3894IMG_3896

this is the shower door that I frosted this week. I just wanted something a bit geometric in there… fits with the overall plan of the bathroom – *sigh* someday.

IMG_3897IMG_3900IMG_3901

dan’s office – as you can tell, we still have lots of doors to put on and still all the hardware on them to spray paint. Then there is dan’s project – solar panels. It will eventually be enough to power his computer for the day :)

IMG_3902

I have to post a photo of dan’s gun cabinet that he got for xmas. IMG_3903IMG_3904IMG_3905IMG_3906

this is the room that we got carpet in yesterday! That means that we are all done with our main living spaces! It has been overwhelming, but we accomplished it. Getting this room done pretty much doubled our living/play space. We have already enjoyed it so much! Except for that light and fan – it is way outdated! But it used to be in my master bedroom and we flipped them just so I could sleep a bit better. IMG_3907IMG_3908IMG_3909

this stone floor is what we worked on two weeks ago. It was a huge project, but I am so in love with it.I would so rather do tile work than stone work… stone is a lot more time consuming and rough on your hands. However, I love the look of natural stone so much more than a stiff tile.

IMG_3910IMG_3911IMG_3913

this is the basement- our next undertaking for the month of February. It is the play room, craft/guest room and guest bathroom. Plus our storage room.

IMG_3914

I kind of feel it necessary  to apologize that these photos don’t show a pristine, picture-perfect home. But if I waited for that day, it would be years from now. There will always be piles of toys, books, to do’s, and I just can’t keep that under wraps right now. We have so much left to do but have to live in the space at the same time. Plus, I have two kids and a husband! So I send my condolences if it offended you or if you think less of me… but I am realistic. You should have seen it when I had 22 loads of laundry to do (three days straight of loads)… now that was messy.

7 comments:

Steph said...

Stone tiles are gorgeous!! I'm dreaming of some more sq. footage right about now :)

Marie T. said...

You two have done a marvelous job! I can't believe the difference! You have accomplished so much in the 2-3 months you have been there. I know it seems like forever, but I think you did so much in such a short time. Well Done!

Jocie said...

I think it looks great! And isn't is so nice to have a real house to call your own? Even if it is never "done." It grows with you. I bet it gets more done than the house in PC ever will. Just sayin. I wish that much got done at my house.

Samantha said...

What's all this apologizing for? You are a wife and mom and you work hard! I found that I used to apologize for so much, when people actually didn't care/notice, and doing it was like a little subconscious self-beating. So, I've cut back on my self-beatings ;) Your house looks fantastic, by the way! The stone looks awesome. And, having a window in the laundry room is so nice, I've always loved that. You are amazing, don't think a house-in-progress makes you any less than that.

Becca Meservy said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! CLEAN HOUSE?!! BWAH! HAHAHAHHA! Oooo that's a good one..... Oh, I hear you.
But really, you're a good woman who loves her family more than her floors. I am really just amazed at how you can do any of this. Daunting!!! And with such finesse! And it LOOKS GOOD when you're done with it. (Do my house?)
LOVE you.

Lora said...

WOW! The house is looking AMAZING! You are like the DIY queen and king! Well done.

Amy said...

I still love your gray walls! I bought some "wet pavement" to coordinate with the purple in our girls' room and it turned out very sage-y... which I ended up loving with the purple. But still... did you find that yours had some sage to it? I might go get the rest of the bucket retinted to see if it is something I can do for our bathroom.