Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Darth Vader meets Princess Leah


Abi has taken to making Darth Vader noises. So I had to capture her when her dress covered up her mouth and gave her Princess Leah buns. What you don't know is that she proceeded to Darth Vader breathe during this photo.
She also likes to make the sound of the sucker tool at a dentist's office... I like that one. Is it bad that I promote her making funny noises? :)


Abi LOVES books. She gets this high pitched voice and "reads" them to whoever may be listening. She likes her newest book the best because it is "Go Dog! Go!" (one of my faviorites from childhood)... and it has a lot of dogs to ruff at!


I am taking a cooking class right now at BYU and one of my assignments was to make a yeast bread. This was a huge challenge for me because I rarely use yeast and it takes a lot of planning. Thankfully I was home yesterday to make it. It turned out so YUMMY and was HUGE! It was the perfect day to make this because it was rainy and cold and just made my little apartment so home like.
For those that are interested....
Whole-wheat cinnamon rasin bread

2 c. whole wheat flour
2 1/4 tsp of quick active yeast (one packet)
2 c. very warm water
2 tbsp packed brown sugar
2 tbsp olive oil (I use light in my cooking)
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp salt
2-2 1/2 c bread flour
1 c. raisins

In large bowl mix wheat flour with yeast. Add warm water. Beat with whisk for one minute. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let sit for 15 mins.

Stir in Brown sugar, salt, oil, cinnamon and 1 c. bread flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining bread flour 1/2 c. at a time until a soft smooth dough forms.

Place dough on floured surface and knead for 5 -10 mins until dough is smooth and springy. Knead in raisins. Grease large bowl with cooking spray. Place dough in bowl and turn until all sides are greasy. Cover bowl and let sit in warm place for about an hour. Dough is ready if indentation remains when touched.

Grease cookie sheet and place dough on cookie sheet. (mold dough into smooth round ball without releasing air if needed) Spray laof with cool water, cover with plastic and let sit for about 40 mins.

Heat oven to 375* Spray loaf with cool water and cut 1/4 inch deep tic-tac-toe pattern in loaf. Place in oven and bake 35-40 mins or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from cookie sheet and onto wire rack to cool.





Parting shot...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Maria said...

Great recipe! Thanks! I really is a great week to make bread!

Josh said...

Abi Vador looks more like she is gearing up from BIRD FLU or SARS>>> Vador could use a fasion consult from Abi.