Saturday, June 6, 2009

As busy as I am, I don't have a desire to blog about what is going on. It seems like everyone and no one checks our blog... at the same time, I feel that I blog for myself in some ways and I think that is what is keeping me from blogging. Maybe I just don't feel like remembering this period of time or at least aspects of it. I wonder when it will pass? Hmm...
But on the other end of things and for those who do read my blog...
Life is getting pushy for us but we continue to get caught up in it. Kind of like when we took Abi swimming last week (she LOVED it and is a fish) and when you would get close to the lazy river, you would get sucked in and have to float it whether or not you wanted to go or not.
We are busy at work (yes I have started working with Dan for about 10 hours a week... Abi comes too). My school projects are hitting an all time high and I just have two weeks left of this term. I am waiting to post all my photos up once my portfolio is done. I think that you will enjoy my work. For those who don't know, I am taking a landscape design class (my second of many). My professor says that I have a natural talent for it and through many other conversations with him, I have decided that I will start a design company once I am done with school or maybe even before that. We'll see though and I will try to keep you all posted on that.
Abi intelligence is just shining through now... some of her tricks are---
  • She loves to point to the lights, trees, water, fish, birds, and Dad when asked where they are
  • She points at things and looks at me for explanations of them
  • She signs "more" "all done" and "milk" --- we are working on dad, mom, ball, bed, and food now
  • She loves all food--- hers and other's food
  • She loves animals and can say duckie and doggie noises... like "quack quack" and "ruff ruff"
  • She loves to spin the wheels on the stroller when it is upright in our living room
  • She climbs on anything!
  • She is great at giving loves!
  • She plays peek-a-boo
  • She knows what to do when I say "Watch out" "Lift up" "Let's go"
  • She waves at people and dances
  • She is becoming quite good at throwing fits
  • She loves blowing raspberries and saing "boof" with a lot of air
  • Helps out with chores by pulling off the shoes on the shoe rack, taking out all the items in my kitchen drawers and unfolding folded laundry
  • When she gets into trouble she lays her head down on the floor to give loves... like she's already using persuasion
Overall, we are so pleased with her... she is very observant and smart. I went into her room the other morning and she had opened a box that was even closed with a tab and was playing with the items in it. She is more active than any other baby I have ever met, but she is a good girl. She just likes to go and adventure.

4 comments:

Josh said...

Blogging most of the time is just for that... family. I get your updates via email, and so I don't normally check your blog directly. It is good when I am in class and people can see my computer. Then they don't know I am "blogging". We love seeing Abi and reading about her. If you blog for anybody, do it for us... your long lost Iowan relatives that never get to see their only niece. Love, US!!!

Marie T. said...

It was so fun seeing you all this past week. Abi is such a smartie. I agree with Josh....keep on bloggin'. Love ya!

Maria said...

I think I go through phases where I want to blog more than others... and yeah... usually it's just for me! But you'd probably be surprised at who reads it. Either way, Abi is super cute! Keep those pics coming. ;)

The Harry Herald said...

She looks like a super happy little girl!