One of the places that Dan and I ventured to was the Sugar Mill in Haleiwa. It is a special place for us in that it was a first visit for us when we arrived on the island 10 years ago. It is now a soap factory and we had a blast smelling and making our own soaps.
We then drove out to Waimea Bay for a surf competition. This was also the first warm day we had on the island and I FINALLY started to warm up. Up to this point, I was always freezing.
Our favorite drink ever!!! I don't drink juice but I will drink this all day when we are on Oahu.
We then drove out to Castles Beach. This was our daily beach when we lived here. It is the best place to learn to surf. We rented a long board and had a blast taking it out. We also got to swim with more turtles. That made my day - and catching some good waves.
Why did the chicken cross the road?
Some people have cute beach hair - mine just goes crazy! Half straight and half completely unruly. I am not really a fan of it.
On our way home we stopped at a fruit stand. This was on my bucket list. We were just too poor last time. Those Kahuku ladies sure know how to wheel and deal!!! We wanted to try new things so we bought a mixed bag. It had papaya (not a fan of it plain), Guava, Kiwi, Star Fruit, Pineapple, and Rombutans (what we said my hair looked like). It was so much fun to try them all.
Surprisingly, this was our favorite of the bunch.
A visitor late one night.


















1 comment:
I'm really starting to craaaave a vacay now!
Post a Comment