We woke up early and headed off to do Koko Head Hike. Little did we know... over 100 flights of stairs later... it was an amazing hike. So much fun!
There wasn't another person on this volcano that wasn't dripping in sweat! This is the view of Haunama Bay that we snorkeled the day before.
View of Diamond Head and Waikiki
The back side and view into the volcano's creater
And this is where Dan and I got separated and he didn't have his phone!!! I panicked and hiked all around for 40 minutes praying on what to do. I was quite concerned that he fell off a cliff...
These Portuguese Prayer boxes were so neat - We definitely needed prayers.
I decided to go down the mountain. It actually was extremely harder going down than up. It was so steep that it was like climbing down a ladder forwards. Then at the 15 foot gulch... ugh! I crossed without holding hands since I was by myself. At one point I grabbed a random stranger because I was falling... it was crazy! Dan had gone down the mountain and when I wasn't at the car, he turned around and came back up. He met me about 3/4 down and it was a relieving reunion.
After resting from our hike we headed out to Waikiki for lunch.
We ate at Duke's for lunch and window shopped the "pay to breathe" stores on our way back to our condo. Of course we stopped at an ABC store and loaded up on goodies for our girls.
This chandelier is one I would love to recreate...
Fur coats at Fendi
We hopped in our car and headed to Sandy's beach. An iconic boogie boarding beach - suicide is more like it!!!
My Baywatch Babe
We stopped and got bubble drinks - our favorite!!! Tapioca balls AND Mochi balls Yum!
It was New Year's Eve that night and after eating dinner and watching the BYU basketball game, we headed out to the beach to ring in the New Year.
It was a good thing to say we've done, but we definitely won't do it again. Between all the drinking, smoking, and swearing... just too much. I am grateful for the standards that we have. It truly is a blessing to live a healthy life. IT was like all I could see were consequences of people's choices and all the pain from it.
We are much happier following what God has set out for us. And this is probably my favorite picture of all all time.
We were out on the boardwalk and this was the crowd on shore...
The fireworks were out on the ocean which was neat!!!
Happy New Year to you and yours---- it was a great New Beginning for us!


























1 comment:
Best picture ever! So perfect.
Post a Comment