This is one of my favorite sites on the island.
We had a great day planned on the East side of the island but it just happened to be New Year's Day and EVERYTHING but Mc D's was closed!!! Kind of awful.
We hiked Maunawili falls---
It started to look sketchy...
This photo does NOT do any justice for the 3 inches of mud on the trail
It was an incredible hike being in the rain forest. I never want to get lost in there. I was so waiting for human sized spiders to come down and grab us.
Just a bit more muddy--- at this point we both started taking bets on who would fall first ---
So stinking grateful for my chacos at this point.
Ugh! More stairs. We were SO sore from the Koko Head hike the day before that these seemed impossible.
This helped tons... lol.
I loved all the plants. I was able to name a bunch of them and would tell Dan how I would pay a crud load at the wholesaler here for them.
We made it!!!!
On our way back down, we took more risks. It was warmer and the mud was deeper... things got crazy!
I slipped and barely caught myself. Dan just laughed and took this photo.
Our mosquito bite racked up on the hike back to the car... oh that poor rental car :) Surprisingly, neither of us fell so neither of us got ice cream.
We headed over to Kailua beach - the most gorgeous beach. We got there to this and after we ate lunch (about 10 minutes later), it was pouring rain and COLD. So SAD!!! I still hadn't gotten my tan.
While we here at this beach another group came up to beach next to us and the man said to his son, "Oh we can park here because he's got a BYU hat so he's good." It made us smile to overhear that.
On our way to our next adventure, we saw another Leonard's truck. Malasadas on a rainy day? YES!!!
We went to the Byodo-In temple. This was iconic for us to revisit from our original time on the island.
My hair looked like these chickens....
Rainbows for EVERYONE!!!
Surfing Santa at the city building
We were so tired after this day that we got a Red Box and L&L BBQ takeout. It was nice to relax.
This was our last morning in this condo. I sure loved all the rowing teams that would be there early... We packed up and headed out - 





















































1 comment:
"My hair looked like those chickens.". Haha, what?! Your hair never even closely resembles any kind of chicken like fowl!
Post a Comment