Monday, June 30, 2014

The Color Run–RAD!

For my birthday in April, I got registered for the Color Run. I have never done an official 5k and was so excited to do this. I told my mom about it and she said she had it on her bucket list, so she joined in too! What a lucky gal am I?

We got up mighty early to make it to Salt Lake. You might say that I got up on the “wrong side of the house” at the beginning. It was all I could do not to get upset at everyone and everything – the joys of being pregnant with little sleep.

2014-06-21 06.58.452014-06-21 07.01.02

We started out all white and clean-

2014-06-21 07.49.27-12014-06-21 07.58.07

And 33 minutes later had finished our 5k! The girls (surprised,but not surprised) did amazing and our speaker system on our stroller was a hit with all the other people! It was truly a joy to run it. I was SO happy and content on the way home. Really, a different person. Nothing like a run to get you in a good mood.

2014-06-21 08.37.50

I have to mention that my goal was 38 minutes. I hadn’t been able to run since the beginning of March before I got so sick from this pregnancy, so I was worried how I would do. So to do 33 minutes where each mile was faster than the last (negative splits – info from my amazing hubby) was truly astounding to me.

And I need to mention because it will go down in our Thomas family history that after 1/2 mile, all I could do was tell Dan that I needed to pee. I for sure thought there would be a bathroom half way. Dan was even considering asking someone who was out in the their yard if we could use their bathroom – what a good hubby. But I think that is what helped me go faster with each mile. I ran right through the finish line and didn’t stop until the bathrooms.

2014-06-21 08.41.382014-06-21 08.41.41

I loved watching the girls get colorful. We had fun coloring each other with our bombs when it was over.

2014-06-21 08.52.392014-06-21 08.52.412014-06-21 08.53.14-12014-06-21 08.54.24

Don’t you love Abi’s RAD pose here?

2014-06-21 08.58.36

And her free nature here?

2014-06-21 09.05.50-22014-06-21 09.05.522014-06-21 09.06.292014-06-21 09.09.592014-06-21 09.10.322014-06-21 09.11.01

We did it… and I LOVE that we did it as a family with my mom in hand. It was the best birthday present I could have been given and I will cherish these memories forever… and beat my time next year :)

No comments: