The Dr. was able to see me the morning Abi graduated Kindergarten. So a dear friend of mine who the girls adore came over and helped them get ready for the day. Since I couldn’t even get myself ready, it was much needed. You know, I never saw myself being sick for this day as I can remember my own graduation and how my mom took the time to curl my long hair and I donned my red velvet dress. I think I wanted Abi to feel that kind of importance too. So I was kind of devastated that I couldn’t fulfill my expectations for the day. So my friend was truly an answer to my prayers. She came over and curled the girls’ hair, painted their nails, cleaned my kitchen, and got the girls lunch. This friend of mine is going through some serious trials of her own. I would never wish for them myself, but she handles it with such grace. I admire her and am so thankful for her service as she forgot about herself and, without second thought, came right over to help that morning. She is an angel in my eyes and I am forever in her debt.
I got home from the Doctor just in time to take the girls’ photos and get them to school-
Abi had the letter D for drawing in her program. She did a fantastic job – as all the kids did. Abi is really tall for her age, but she is also almost a year younger than most of her class mates since her birthday is the deadline for starting kindergarten. Her friend Erica is right next to her and is almost exactly a year older than Abi. Erica is how tall I was in kindergarten – and throughout the rest of school – and probably the rest of my life to be honest :)
We went to Mrs. Bryson’s class room to have diplomas handed out. I loved Abi’s teacher this year and hope B will have her someday.
Abi, we are so proud of you! Again, your growth this year intellectually was astounding. You went from knowing about 10 letters to knowing all of them, their sounds, numbers 1-100, and even to reading books! We know you loved school and that pleases us. We hope you continue to have a yearning for learning. You are a good friend and kind to everyone. We also hope this continues, even when it gets hard at times. You are a light to others, even your parents and we couldn’t be happier you are our daughter. We know Heavenly Father is also pleased with you. Your testimony is growing strong and we love to see and hear your testimony. We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment