Friday, April 19, 2013

abi’s project

I just wanted to take a few minutes and spotlight Abi. This past week she had her first sewing “lesson” with me. She made a pillowcase for my brother Erik since he is going on a mission in two weeks. She did such a great job. She was patient and the whole experience was truly rewarding for me as a mom. She is always asking for my scraps and pretends to sew them together. Or she will tell me something like, “mom, if we just sew this together and if you can just give me some ribbon I can make this beautiful dress.” I wanted to fuel that creativity and allow her to actually make something. She was ready to start sewing.

She helped to cut and lay out the fabric. She is great at pinning too. Then, I pushed the pedal and she guided the fabric through the machine. She took instructions so well and it was cool to watch the light in her eyes shine SO bright! She couldn’t wait to share with Dan what she did and to give her gift to Erik.

_MG_6170_MG_6172

No comments: