we had such a joyous day yesterday. our sweet brooklyn florence was blessed and given a name. dan did such a wonderful job and seeing the worthy priesthood holders of our families stand in a circle was really touching and powerful. we missed those who couldn’t make it… brooklyn was an angel during the blessing and didn’t cry pretty much the whole day too. she handled all the handling of her pretty well too.
our afternoon continued with a fun and crazy party for the girls (abi’s b-day party was celebrated too). we had just enough food and was only left with three cream puffs and a couple of celery sticks. I was so touched by all the friends and family that came to support my girls. they are so lucky to have such a good support system and are starting off on a good, solid foundation.
Highlights of the day:
- the blessing itself (of course)
- bearing my testimony and having abi come up on the stand, look at me, walk around the podium to the other side where the tissues were, get one and hand it up to me. I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry… it was just so sweet
- holding my sweet brooklyn in such a beautiful dress
- knowing that things are right in my little family
- dan bearing his testimony
- hearing the other testimonies that were born – the church is true!!!
- dan being a worthy priesthood holder and seeing that manifest
- seeing my old roommate Ashlee- came from Kansas! so my sister
- abi changing clothes about 8 times – every time she opened a gift and it was clothing, she was changed in an instant… outside, inside, in front of all the people… no modesty what-so-ever… we need to work on that one
- having my balloom friends come and listening to all their success in that sector of the world
- watching people devour all the food I had prepared… it meant it was good
- watching my dad laugh with all the boy cousins and my brother
I cannot begin to explain what this day meant to me. Again, I am so grateful for family… I a so lucky to know that we are eternally together if we do what’s right.
5 comments:
I'm so glad I got to come! Your daughters are precious. I just love your whole family. You and Dan are a great example to me. Seeing you made me miss you more! Hopefully next time we see each other won't be another two years...
Such a wonderful thing to have your baby blessed by a worthy priesthood holder. Such a happy thing. Glad it was a perfect day for you all :)
This sounds like a great day! Abi and Brooklyn are so beautiful. I'm glad everything went so well. Wish we could have been there.
I love the close-ups of Brooklyn. She looks like she has an old soul.
SO exciting! You have a beautiful family, and it's awesome you got to see Shlee, too! Looks like so much fun. Congrats!
Post a Comment