So my sweet husband let me indulge us in a concert... but not just any concert. It was Mae. I own everything they have ever come out with and have seen them in concert three times and counting!

One reason that I love Mae is that the crowds during the concerts are not like other concerts I have been to... namely Evanessence, Linkin Park, Ataris... etc. Most of the time everyone just chilled, sat, and listened to the lineup for the night. It was just wonderful!
Here are the bands that played and our opinion of them...
Tokyo- acoustic guitar played by one of the members of Mae. It was awesome and he just floored me with his sound.
Larusso- um struggled... no wonder there wasn't anyone at their merch tables... they seemed to have too immature of sound. I would be surprised if they made it very far in the rock world.
Barcelona- Incredible band! Their sound was a lot like Mae (maybe why I like them) and I can't wait to get myself on iTunes and get there music. One thing that we liked is how simple their band was. Instead of 5 or 6 members, there was only three and it allowed you to hear each instrument. We also liked the drummer and thought he was quite animated.
PersonL- this was a band from Philadelphia that had such a new sound. They seemed to be a mix of classic rock (like something you would play on Guitar Hero), had a titch of swing, and then a mix of punk. They were GREAT performers and got the crowd going too. The lead guitarist danced like the squirrel on caffeine in Over the Hedge. Overall, I wouldn't mind adding some of their songs to my collection. They really shocked the audience because they turned the stage lights out to the crowd and the whole time the lights had stayed on the bands. So it seemed that we all just sat in shock and watched their first song.
Then there was Mae---- *sigh*
I love Mae because I feel that every song they play is for me and me only. They make me feel like no one else is in the room. Kind of my own sweet love affair with the music as it reaches my ears and sends shivers throughout my body. When I hear their music I melt and just release unnecessary stress and tension and fall into the oblivion of those melodic notes. I just wish that there could be just one thing in this world that I could do to help others feel the way I do when they play... like when people see my cake decorating!
I have to say that Mae gives me the same feelings as Twilight does for some others... pathetic analogy, but it may work for some to understand. :)
One reason that I love Mae is that the crowds during the concerts are not like other concerts I have been to... namely Evanessence, Linkin Park, Ataris... etc. Most of the time everyone just chilled, sat, and listened to the lineup for the night. It was just wonderful!
Here are the bands that played and our opinion of them...
Tokyo- acoustic guitar played by one of the members of Mae. It was awesome and he just floored me with his sound.
Larusso- um struggled... no wonder there wasn't anyone at their merch tables... they seemed to have too immature of sound. I would be surprised if they made it very far in the rock world.
Barcelona- Incredible band! Their sound was a lot like Mae (maybe why I like them) and I can't wait to get myself on iTunes and get there music. One thing that we liked is how simple their band was. Instead of 5 or 6 members, there was only three and it allowed you to hear each instrument. We also liked the drummer and thought he was quite animated.
PersonL- this was a band from Philadelphia that had such a new sound. They seemed to be a mix of classic rock (like something you would play on Guitar Hero), had a titch of swing, and then a mix of punk. They were GREAT performers and got the crowd going too. The lead guitarist danced like the squirrel on caffeine in Over the Hedge. Overall, I wouldn't mind adding some of their songs to my collection. They really shocked the audience because they turned the stage lights out to the crowd and the whole time the lights had stayed on the bands. So it seemed that we all just sat in shock and watched their first song.
Then there was Mae---- *sigh*
I love Mae because I feel that every song they play is for me and me only. They make me feel like no one else is in the room. Kind of my own sweet love affair with the music as it reaches my ears and sends shivers throughout my body. When I hear their music I melt and just release unnecessary stress and tension and fall into the oblivion of those melodic notes. I just wish that there could be just one thing in this world that I could do to help others feel the way I do when they play... like when people see my cake decorating!
I have to say that Mae gives me the same feelings as Twilight does for some others... pathetic analogy, but it may work for some to understand. :)
They have been doing a really great humanitarian effort this year... you can check it out at whatismae.com... and listen to thier new stuff. I love Boomerang and Night/Day

No comments:
Post a Comment