July was a fun and different month for us. With Dan out of school for a couple of weeks, we really had SO much time that my thoughts were “we have some much time in the evenings, we need another kid” lol.
I have been trying hard to do better at Family Night. We have focused a lot on who we are and who our family is this summer. If we remember we are all children of God, we tend to treat each other better. We made lists of who each other is. It was fun that by the time we got to making lists of Dan and myself the girls had completely picked up on the spiritual aspect of it before we had even talked about it.
I broke my 7th can opener for the year this month. I realized that I break them on the same thing – cans of chicken! The metal is thicker! I can’t believe I didn’t see it before!
We had a play date with Maya and her mom Lora at our pool. Lora and I are made from the same mold in personalities. I love her like a sister and it was so much fun to have them over-
22 weeks!
One of the last projects I needed to do on the house was painting my banister. It was the only thing left in the dated oak. For such a small space, it took me a week to prep, prime, and paint. Thankfully I didn’t have to sand (I love my primer). This is the half way mark.
Our family portrait in chalk.
Making love notes for Dad-
Abi’s cute paining of her playing with her new doll in the house while it pours. I love her rendition of rain.
Brooklyn’s precise painting – she took two hours to paint this. She is very meticulous.
Fixing the gumball machine with Dad.
These girls are so gorgeous and I love watching them as they slumber.
Our family night on what our family is and what we do. We then mulled over the things we talked about for a week and came up with a mission statement for our family. Next are some family laws we would like to incorporate.
My finished work! We are so happy with it! It changed the whole feel of my house and now I feel like it is complete on the inside.
My girls are getting so big. This day, they only swam in the deep end the whole time. Both are becoming fishes. It took B since the beginning of May to get herself even off the steps at the shallow end and now only likes where she can’t touch. Abi has gone from steps to knowing how to swim and dive pretty well. She even jumps off the diving board alone. She likes her puddle jumper to help her rest while swimming. It has taken a lot of patience and practice on their part and they have conquered for the year. I am so proud of them.
A fun summery design I created last week.
We had the case of princess pox!
And remember how I talked how meticulous B is? Well, here is her underwear folding this week. It was all planned and laid out how she wanted it.
No comments:
Post a Comment