We went on a backpacking trip back in June to the Uintas. What a wonderful time we had! We were accompanied by Dan’s parents and his Sister and her kids.
We started out in pouring rain. B wasn’t really happy about wearing a garbage bag, but we bribed her with a laffy taffy and it seemed to do the trick-
Everyone hiked in a full pack about 2 miles -
We passed by Wall Lake – which will be one of our destinations in the future.
We set up camp at a little Frog Pond. The frogs were SO loud!!! We got a fire going and cooked out selves some wonderful camping dinner-
And you can’t finish off dinner without dessert – oreo s’mores – the best hit of the weekend!
Everyone did some fishing and fixing of old fishing poles-
The smoke on the fire was so bad because it would constantly change directions – this caused all of us to have bloodshot eyes-
With a HUGE stroke of luck, Brookie caught a Brooke Trout on her first cast- She was so excited to catch a “pish” and asked to fish the rest of the trip-
We sent Abi in the with Grandma and Grandpa for the night and Dan, Brookie and I slept in our tent together. It was FREEZING cold! I am SO glad I brought hand warmers. I had them all over in my clothes to help keep me warm. I never warmed up the whole trip-
But we made it through the night – and I made it without having to use the bathroom which is a feat being 20 weeks pregnant!
The wild flowers were everywhere and gorgeous!
We didn’t catch any more pish, but we caught a ton of fish eggs!
Dan also showed us how to gut and clean a fish-
This was our day hike to Hope Lake. It was a stunning lake on top of a cliff. Sadly, there weren’t fish. However, there were thousands of leeches and a beaver-
And there were Salamanders which Abi caught! She was instantly named Sally-
Could you not love this photo more? I sure love these girls!
We hiked out on Saturday so we could make it to church Sunday. It was a true success and we can’t wait to go back with all five of us! Our girls were troopers and didn’t complain at all. They did great!
On a side note – two spoons are way better than one while eating ice cream!
No comments:
Post a Comment