You know how making it to the temple is always an adventure? Yep, that’s us! You never know what is going to happen to try and keep us from entering those doors. Thankfully this wasn’t too bad, but here is the aftermath.
Powdered sugar. Dusty, sticky, and fun to play with, I guess. Abi broke the bag as she was putting it back into the closet and Brookie thought Abi was playing in it so when I sent Abi to get washed up and I went to grab a broom, B took her sweet self over to the mess and played her heart out for ten seconds, but it looked like it was 20 minutes! She moved before I could grab a photo. Silly girls :)
But we made it to the temple. What a special, freezing cold day for us! We were able to support my brother going through as he took those correct steps in preparing for his mission. I took the girls up to the temple to see the temple and the family before dropping them off with Grandma Thomas for the night. I think it is truly important to show and take our girls to places that are of importance to us.
I think this photo is great of my parents… I guess when you spend over thirty years married, you start to look the same :) However, we all probably look like this when it is less than 30* in April!
It must be me being a daddy’s girl that these next photos make my heart melt seeing that love my dad has for his granddaughters.
After the photos, my parents and Erik went in and I dropped the girls off and picked up Dan. Then we came back to the temple to the session and it was just wonderful. I love the peace that you feel when you walk in and the answers that you can receive if you come prepared. Miracles have not stopped. The hand of God is surely in our lives still.
It was really neat to be able to go back to the temple with my brother. When he was adopted into our family, I was 8 year old and we were able to go to the Salt Lake temple to have him sealed to our family forever. Even at my young age, I remember almost everything about that night and how special I felt in the temple. During my teen years I struggled and fell a lot. But through the atonement of Jesus Christ and the memories of the temple I have, I was able to get back on the righteous track in life. So going back with Erik was a big deal because it was Jesus and Erik who helped facilitate that miracle of repentance in my life to help me become worthy to marry Dan in the temple and start my own eternal family. How grateful I am for that.
We spent the night at Fazolli’s as the boys finished off baskets and baskets of unlimited breadsticks. I am trying to get photos of the dinner and will post them when I can. It was really fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment