Monday, November 19, 2012

these girls

I thought it was crazy that my cousin posted about doing this activity with her boy the same day that I did this with Abi. She did a better job at showing the process in photos than I did. You put baking soda in a dish and then use a baby medicine dropper to squirt colored vinegar onto the baking soda. Abi was so proud of her creation and told me she wanted to keep it forever. I finally had to convince her a photo would do justice.

_MG_3315

Lately in our parenting lab we have introduced the job jar. It is a jar with tons and tons of jobs that I need done around the house. If you disobey or throw a tantrum, you get to pick a job out of the jar. It has come in handy so so so much! I have had my appliances cleaned, the bathrooms cleaned, windows washed, and the floor mopped in the past two weeks. It has been a success! There are even kid’s choice jobs and one free pass in the jar. I just typed up jobs and punched them out with my 1” punch and then glued them behind the clear décor glass stones you can find at the dollar store. I need to take a photo of it… if I ever remember.

Now check out this goose-

_MG_3342

Notice anything different?

_MG_3347

That’s right… a picture with no bottle! We have been officially done with the bottle since the first of this month. It has been a rough time. She has been so ornery and has been cutting molars in the meantime. But we are finally to a stage that she only screams at night for 20 minutes before she goes to bed, Abi can handle that long now, and when she cries during the night, I just put my neon orange earplugs in and we are all set.

I have been busy with weddings the past week. The girls were spoiled by having a lot of time with friends. But when they were home, they were both right by me “helping” me. Abi is actually a big help and loves to be creative with all the left overs… oh wait, Cinderella to be exact.

_MG_3375_MG_3448

Abi’s prayers have been hilarious lately- she is very personal and thoughtful. We have had prayers for Santa to come early, that monsters won’t eat us and eat other peoples’ toys instead. She asked Dan tonight if he would help her pray in sign language (later we figured out she meant Spanish). She also has prayed that her cousins will be nice to each other while they are in their own worlds.

She is way sweet and thoughtful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It seems like with the "job jar" you are teaching your children that doing jobs around the house is a punishment?! (for the bad behavior) Are you worried about that? (maybe I am missing the point)

Abe n Linz said...

I love that we did the same activity the same day!!! Crew loved it and would let out some amazed sound every time he dropped some vinegar in! We'll probably do this activity again.