Thursday, November 8, 2012

our halloween

The night before Halloween, we attended a ward potluck. The girls and I had just gotten home from Colorado about an hour before it started and they were on the meltdown, but we still made it, just a bit late.

Let me tell you about the story on our costumes. Last year, Abi was a mermaid and of course, she loved it but already had plans for next year to be Cinderella. It worked out perfectly for us. I put together all the costumes. Most were from scratch but a couple of them were altered pieces. Overall, HUGE success.

Cinderella

_MG_3233

Gus Gus

_MG_3234_MG_3235

Prince Charming

_MG_3236_MG_3238

_MG_3240

_MG_3241_MG_3244

Sadly, there were no pictures of me the night of the party.

Then Halloween came-

Abi loved getting her hair done and being able to wear eye shadow and “lips” (lip gloss). B kept her ears on all night and chased her tail quite often.

_MG_3246_MG_3248

Getting everyone ready took longer and I wasn’t able to do my hair or anything, but I am the fairy Godmother.

_MG_3252_MG_3254

We had quite the night. The girls fought back and forth about their candy buckets and my wand. Abi enjoyed changing everyone into pixies with my wand. I tell you what, glow sticks were the way to go with being able to see where the girls were when they were in groups from the neighborhood.

_MG_3255

our night ended early with tantrums and tears – that I am sure, scared the neighbors more than the haunt of the night. But that is what parenting is all about.

These costumes are for the borrowing if anyone remembers next year.

4 comments:

Alison said...

What awesome costumes! I love coordinated costumes and you did an amazing job with them - I am especially impressed with Prince Charming and Cinderella. You can tell Abi just LOVES her costume.

Becky said...

Love the costumes...nice job! Super cute family.

Samantha said...

Super cute, great job.

Steph said...

Wow those costumes are awesome! Love gus gus that is so adorable!