I hit the wall today with the question of “will this ever end!?!?” I think between the holiday stress (don’t expect less from the in-laws), moving, renovating, the cold, fighting a cold, teething baby, three year old girl, and busy hubby… oh and tight finances, during the holidays none-the-less, I am dying for a space that is clean, done, carpeted and lit well. I am yearning to roll in the carpet like Rapunzel does when she touches the grass… I may even sing that song one day with my bare feet caressing each new twist of smell-wonderful, feel-wonderful carpet.
Oh, how merry will my Christmas be if we can get this done and be able to celebrate – by moving in, of course. you know, kind of how I celebrated my marriage by going to garage sales to find a car, an apartment and all the furniture for it (no kidding) on my honey moon.
But taking that for an example, we were living in Hawaii. So it really wasn’t that bad, it just seemed like it. I think that is how this is. Short-term unrest for long-term enjoyment.
Now how is that related to the gospel?
Love it!
2 comments:
I so feel your pain. I keep asking myself that same question with our house. I just have to keep telling myself it is almost done and it will be what I want. I know it is stressful especially with the holidays but you will love the end result and be grateful for taking the time to get it all done now. Good Luck!! I love seeing the pictures and hearing the stories.
I remember moving into our house when all we had was new paint and carpet. No kitchen at all, we were redoing plumbing so that was hit and miss, all of our stuff was in boxes, and we were totally happy just having our own place!! It was a nightmare as we went through it, but now we look back and say "remember when . . ." and can smile because we survived and we love what we accomplished at the end.
You will survive! You will love the outcome. It will all come to an end!
Post a Comment