Saturday, March 5, 2011

gymnastics

So Abi and I went out on a $1.00 date last night to BYU to see the Women’s Gymnastics. We took her last week and she was glued so I just thought it would be great to take her again. And again, she was glued! She loved that both teams were pink too.

 DSC00019 DSC00023

She just had to tell everyone we saw yesterday where we were going to go. When we were talking to my mom Abi proceeded to explain to Mima that there was not one, but two bars. One low which they put their feet on and one high that they sometimes fall off of. I was pretty impressed that she remembered that much from a week ago.

When we talked to Dan on our way over, she told him that her favorite rotation was the “jelly bean” or the beam in our language. That cracked us up! All night that is what she called it. She also told Dan that Cosmo’s (a cougar mascot) favorite was the floor… and that she liked Cosmo’s tail.

Abi was doing floor routines here… but also would do “jelly bean” routines on the benches… kicking all spectators nearby, but they were good sports about it!

DSC00029

At one point in the night she was dancing with all the students and out of the sky fell a pink t-shirt from one of the Gymnasts. Abi was ecstatic… however, it is MY size and I think that the t-shirt was mean for me :) But all the students let her get it and even helped her open it. Man, to be so wanted :) I am doomed with girls!!!

Sorry about the sideways movie…

 

Just some other journaling stories about Abigail lately-

  • Being pregnant really has it’s disadvantages. I normally sweat in my underarms and always have. In high school I would take two of the same shirt to school and change halfway through the day because it was just so bad. I have always had issues. Well, even when I am not pregnant, I start sweating around 2 or 3pm each day. SO WIERD but my body just switches gear. Sadly, this happens to be the same time that we have relied society on Sunday. Last month when I taught, I was not only nervous, hot from being pregnant, but then had this three o’clock issue! I tried to wear something that wouldn’t show my sweat, but it was REALLY bad! I am going to have to take water next time. Anyway, we get home from church and Abi starts saying, “mom, you dripped water on yours shirt.” I kept telling her I had no idea what she was talking about. After a couple more times and some more clarifying questions, I realized that she was talking about my sweat marks in my underarms!!! How embarrassing when even my daughter notices! Then she kept talking about not spilling on her clothes like mommy does.

  • I work out at the gym 5 or 6 days a week. Abi just goes into the little care center that is AWESOME! They are always doing really fun things and when we go at night, she is sometimes the only one there with three or four adults to dote on her. They all know her by name and just think she is wonderful! (They all tell me they can’t wait to watch our next little one because of Abi). Anyway, like I said in my last post, Abigail insists on wearing a dress, skirt and pink everyday. I will usually pull out two things to choose from in her closet and she picks. These ladies at the care center know Abi so well that they are to a point that they can’t wait to see what she wears. She does a pretty good job pulling outfits together with tights and such. I am just trying to make it without buying new tights… we’ll see about that. I will have to post photos of all the cute skirts we have planned to make next week. (notice that she is in a dress above too)

  • Lastly is something that Dan has taught Abi. Dan is in a crazy habit of taking a bite of your food before he gives it to you. Usually on something sweet. But, you know, Abi asks for us to get all her snacks and food and so he does this to her ALL THE TIME. Dan calls this “taxing.” So he takes a bite and says, “Taxed.” This morning I was cutting Abi some strawberries and took a bite of one and said, “taxed.” Abi looks at me and said, “No taxing mom! I will tax my own food.” She takes her strawberries and taxed them. I was laughing so hard! What a goose!

5 comments:

Amy said...

We do "taxing" too. It's so funny. We call it "mama tax" or "dada tax." Lily complains about the high taxes when we're eating something yummy, but always reminds us to tax her when we're eating something she is trying to get rid of. Love it.

Kimber said...

the video: super cute. the taxing story: hilarious. sweating: have you ever tried certin dry? it's an antiperspirant you can get at walmart (white box, green writing), you put it on at night, and what it does is makes your armpit pores a little smaller so you sweat other places and not your armpits! (like your head, neck etc). It works instantly and it's amazing, try it out! I would seriously be on an infomercial for it!

Jocie said...

I would get a bunch of different colored leggings, (wal-mart) then she can have lots of different outfit options with skirts on top of course.

The Chizel Family said...

I'm sure you have probably talked to a dermatalogist about the sweating probablem, but I too sweat like crazy. They gave me drysol, it helped a lot.

Abe n Linz said...

Too cute. Abe would not allow me to tax his food unless he offered it to me :)
I think Crew and Abi could have a dancing party.