Monday, March 2, 2009

Calling

I've been hooked in church!!! I am so excited for this...


If you have any ideas, please let me know! I know that a lot of my aunts have had this calling before as well so please give me some ideas!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is my calling, too! I absolutely love it.

One thing I came up with that the junior primary kids really love is having a hand-puppet "family" that they can use. This year's theme is Eternal Families, so I made a family of hand puppets - Mommy, Daddy, and some kids - and the good singers get to come up and make the puppets "sing" the songs. (I also have let some of the inconsolable new sunbeams hold them in order to calm them down - works wonders.)

Josh said...

You should probably avoid teaching them "scripture power" actions, such as throwing scriptures as high as you can, or hitting the person next to you with all your "scripture power". That is what I did when I was in primary.

Megan said...

Yay! This is one of the most favorite callings I have ever had...The kids are typically better for you than for the teachers. Totally agree with the Scripture Power comment...that was in our program the year I was leading the music...Sad to say we had an unfortunate BoM casualty as it went flying off the stage toward the congregation. :)