Monday, December 10, 2012

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We started off spending the morning with my family in Park City and then headed over to spend the rest of the day with Dan’s family.

_MG_3576

_MG_3578

_MG_3580

_MG_3581

_MG_3582

_MG_3583

_MG_3586

_MG_3590

_MG_3591

_MG_3595

_MG_3596

_MG_3597

_MG_3599

_MG_3601

Dan’s cousin and his family came. They have four of the cutest boys. They loved Abi and she got a long well with them.

_MG_3607

_MG_3608

_MG_3610

_MG_3612

_MG_3613

_MG_3614

_MG_3615

We had a wonderful dinner with each person saying what they were thankful for. Then we played the Candy Bar game. It is a game that my mom’s family would play every time we got together and is a great group game. I wanted to pass it on and share it. My favorite parts of the game were that Great Grandpa Walter Thomas had so many candy bars behind his back, Brock rolled a winning roll every time, and I only rolled once in which my candy bar was stolen before I could even touch it. Hilarious!

Jocie and I snuck out to go see Lincoln in the evening with baby Torino and some of my family. He was a champ and slept the whole time – and it’s a long movie! We loved the movie. I came away feeling so grateful for their inspiration in creating our nation and feeling a sense of pride for our nation that I haven’t felt before. However, it was such a harsh reality realizing where we are today and I couldn’t help but feeling sorrow at the same time.

We left the girls in Park City to play with their cousins for a day while we stayed home and worked on a big project for Santa… Abi will be so excited! We were so grateful for the good weather for us to be able to work in Santa’s shop and not freeze.

1 comment:

Jocie said...

It was so fun! Glad somebody takes pictures!