I wanted to take the girls to temple square and found a great day to go. we spent the morning going through the visitors’ centers and then met up with a close friend and her kids for the hands on book of mormon exhibit in the church history museum. we loved it and I loved having a friend to do something with like this.
I think that the most special part of the day for me was when we went from temple square on to the temple grounds. It was like I walked into a different room. I was really overwhelmed and I had that burning testimony that this is where I needed to be and this was a sacred place.
abi is making the pose of jesus
this is Nephi’s boat – you can help “build” it with blocks
playing with the dolls that you could dress up
we built ourselves a temple like they did in the land bountiful in third nephi
fishing off Nephi’s boat
dancing with the people of mexico
standing next to “president moroni”
Abi and Marin got along pretty well. I was pleased. It took them a while to warm up. When they were in a place that didn’t have toys they both wanted they played well together. They are just a month apart. I know marin’s mom Samantha from New York. We met out there when we were both pregnant with these girls. Then we were blogger friends for the past three years and now they live in Salt Lake and it is wonderful to finally keep in touch without the major distance.
all tuckered out from the day’s activities
my friend gave me a whole bunch of baby food. I thought it would be like two bags full… but this is what we ended up with. I organized it all and took inventory and when abi came in the room she told me that I looked like I was building the temple that we got married in… the Salt Lake Temple. I thought it was pretty observant of her. I felt so blessed by this gift of food. It is enough that I will never have to purchase any again. Thanks Samantha for thinking of us.
and to top our day off, abi went to a princess birthday party for her new friend Avery. They had a tea party, made necklaces, face painted and ate cake. This is abi on her way out.
3 comments:
Are the girls a month apart? Marin's birthday is 8/21, I guess I thought Abi's was 8/20. And it was sooo nice to have the girls together. It's funny, because at this age, it's all about parallel play, although to us, it looks more like...disinterest, haha! Hopefully we can get together again soon...or maybe we could do a girls night?
So much fun!
And what an amazing friend to give you all of that baby food!! Seriously!
I didn't know they had a cool place like that for kids! That is awesome! We should do that when I come up sometime. Easter maybe...we'll see.
Post a Comment