Tuesday, November 15, 2011

upheave!

so we are in the midst of moving… and in that midst, we took a trip to Colorado… crazy us. We were blessed to have Dan with us.

Abi made her own bread with Mima- then ate the whole thing! I love how poud she is of herself-

IMG_2942IMG_2945IMG_2950IMG_2952IMG_2954

brooklyn is just growing. She now grabs at everything and is just as social as ever! She still doesn’t sleep through the night and still loves to be held… I am grateful for a backpack during this packing and cleaning phase. IMG_2957IMG_2962IMG_2964IMG_2966

She loves her toes- such novelty.

IMG_2978IMG_2979IMG_2984

My beauty queen- check out those eyes!

IMG_2994IMG_3001IMG_3003IMG_3006

Okay, I have been WAITING for this girl to get big to put her in the most adorable jacket that my aunt sent to her- These photos are just classic and I love them so much!

IMG_3016IMG_3017IMG_3021IMG_3028IMG_3029

And as usual, it is always an adventure as a Thomas… I got sick at my parents’ home, then Abi, then Brooklyn, and now Dan. So the girls have all been sick for a week (all together) and Dan just a couple of days. It has sure added to the chaos. We also didn’t have a closing date on our house set until after we were supposed to be out of our apartment so we had no place to move to! Thankfully the manager let us extend a couple of days… with a fee, of course.

Okay, now for some photos of REAL life- what we are living in today. My kitchen- everything is pack and all we have left is food out on the counter.

IMG_3030

My dining area- just a catch all for what we are going to need right away at the new house.

IMG_3031

My living room- a storage unit

IMG_3032IMG_3033

Driving you crazy yet? It is me… 

Oh and p.s. see the streaming toilet paper on the floor into the kitchen? Abi came out of the bathroom with “Rapunzel hair”

IMG_3034

And my girls- notice Abi’s hair from yesterday and Brooklyn’s pjs still on… well, sort of on. IMG_3035IMG_3036IMG_3037IMG_3038

In the midst of the chaos and much like myself, I taught RS on sunday. It was on the postmortal Spirit World. This was the diagram that I took to class.

IMG_3039

And this was Abi’s replica- it makes me smile. I had to share it with my class. I talked about how important it is to let our children learn by our example.

IMG_3041IMG_3043IMG_3044IMG_3045

So tomorrow is the big day! We will be first time home owners! – more like project undertakers… however, we have done this before (remember NY for those who have followed us since then?)  Thankfully, it won’t be this much demolition, but a lot of work otherwise, and more sq footage… and two kids!

I am sorrowed to leave this comfort zone of mine and all my friends. I know that we are going to thrive where we are going (we always do). I will miss so many people that I have grown to love and appreciate. But I won’t miss my Winco or Macey’s or Kohls because we are just blocks from them. Can I get an AMEN?

Sigining off from Orem and on to the next! (I will have internet on Friday again)

1 comment:

kemery755 said...

Your girls are just absolutely adorable. They are going to be heart-breakers!!! Too cute for words :)