Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Papa Murphy’s Pizza Fire... Newspaper Article

Here are links to articles in the Montrose paper about my parent’s fire.

This one is a link to the actual website

http://www.montrosepress.com/articles/2009/09/15/news/doc4aaf1427ddc1d944312266.txt

This is a link to the front page of the paper so you can get an idea of the magnitude of this fire...

http://www.montrosepress.com/content/current/page1.pdf

My family has a lot of work ahead of them. It will take at least a month to decided the route to take (whether to rebuild or not and get insurance stuff figured out). The reality is starting to set in and a lot of sorrow has filled our family (especially my dad). We are so grateful for the support that we have had from family and friends. My parent’s definitely need it. I am sure they have a lot more downs to come before some things start looking up, but it is amazing how well they have handled things so far. It has sure made us grateful for the Gospel. So much comfort from blessings, prayers, and the members of my parent’s ward have already helped so much.

From what I know (and I hope my parents don’t mind me saying this) I am pretty sure they need the emotional support over the physical help. Phone calls, emails, and thought and prayers are going to mean more to them than anything else. You can email my parents at loonemare@gmail.com if you are so inclined.

1 comment:

Als said...

That is so SURREAL!! I hope your parents continue to get the help they need from friends and neighbors, I'll keep them in our prayers. We miss you guys too!