Monday, June 22, 2015

Brooklyn's Fourth Birthday

After two years, My Little Pony has gone through Abi and now we are on to Brookie. That is the kind of birthday we planned for her. It all worked out great! I honestly didn't know what to get her until we hit the dollar bins in Target while we visited Montrose. That solved all my problems :)

I made a Rainbow Dash cake-





Abi thoughtfully cleaned up her bike and gave it to Brooklyn. (Abi got a new one thanks to being the oldest child)



Birthday Cake Oatmeal was requested-


My Little Pony nails-







For the cake, I made fondant and that was my first time. I was so nervous but it was really easy to make. The decorating part... well that needs some practice.


Brookie requested a play place for lunch so we hit up Chick-fil-a.


Brookie also got to pick out a toy from Target because we didn't get her anything big. So this was her choice... I wasn't surprised.

We didn't want to do a big party but did have some friends come over for cake. I think that people forget that it isn't about stuff. No crazy games of big party favors. It isn't about the visiting princesses or the bounce house. It is about friendship-Now I'm beginning to sound like a MLP movie!



From L to R - Lacy (it was also her birthday), Cam, Grace, Brookie, Zoey, and Abi (who accompanied us for Happy Birthday)







We let B decorate the fondant with edible markers when we were done.


Mac and Cheese requested for dinnner. Easy Peasy-






And fun gifts from cousins!!! Yay!!!

Brooklyn- You are growing up to be such a fun, spirited girl. You are definitely more close minded but you are smart and straight on course because of that. Your art is getting better and meticulous when you put in the effort and you love the order of things. Your sisters adore you and call you their best friend. You can connect with older and younger alike. You are a great sidekick and may hate that someday, but it is a blessing. You make me and dad laugh daily with your wit and whim. We love you and couldn't imagine our family without you. Your talents play such an important part in our family. Here's to another year of growing, playing, and being a "big girl"  - I love you! -Mom

No comments: