it is hard for me to loose friends! our best friends, the meiners, moved to colorado this week. while we are so happy that paul finally got into med school, we are devastated at the same time. for one, their girls are abi’s playmates and they are the best of friends. but two, bethany is my best friend. since having my roommates the semester before I got married, I have not had such a best friend. bethany and I clicked on every level – parenting, crafts, family, food, etc. I could show up to their house at any time and know I was always welcome! they always had abi over and especially helped out while I was in school.
so for a last hurrah, we met at Kneader’s for breakfast this week to do what we always have done with them… bond over food! We ordered their all-you-can-eat french toast and dug in!!! so like I said, it really lessened the blow of saying goodbye while eating such amazing goodness!
whoever is getting this family as neighbors will be the luckiest ever!!! we will miss you so much!
abi was so wiped from the boating trip that we had just gotten back from late the night before--- she was “kind of” onry… just kind of. but her eyes got a little burnt and looked like they hurt…
abi and vienna goofing with dan
bristol sneaking the strawberries and whipped cream--- after I tried mine, I couldn’t blame her!
my handsome hubby who indulged me in this meal!!!
see what I am talking about?!?!?! how can you resist! you know you want some! for one- the syrup alone is cream, brown sugar and corn syrup melted together! I could eat this every morning… and then my legs would look like that piece of french toast… ugh!
so if you don’t know, kneaders has THE BEST desserts (besides magelby’s chocolate cake). but this one sparked bethany’s and my attention. paul was so sweet and purchased this beauty… remember this goodness for later-
the clan!
kneader’s is also a gift shop- if you ask me, that is just asking for trouble… which if you can’t tell, happened. ps- not one of those suckers were whole – probably from all the other kids like ours :)
the girls saying goodbye. abi was in a much better mood after the food-
teaching abi what silly faces are
their new little boy hudson at 6 months… he is the sweetest, happiest chunk ever!
and remember that raspberry mouse truffle… well, we sent our kids and hubbies to the cars and bethany and I went around the corner… and indulged our fancies in that dessert (at 9 am). it was the best way to finish off that chapter in our friendship… hiding from our kids and stuffing our mouths like little girls. best moment ever and I will cherish that for a long time!
No comments:
Post a Comment