Okay, here is a soup that I made for our Elders this week! It was a HIT!!! Next time I would like to half the amount of cream cheese...
4lbs of butternut squash (about 2 squash)
2 - 8 oz packages of cream cheese
2 cups apple juice
2 cups water
1 apple peeled, cored, and chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cube butter
5 chicken bouillon cubes
1/2 tsp Marjoram
1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
Pepper and salt
Half squash horizontally and clean leaving in skins. Put on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, black pepper, and course salt. Bake at 350* for an hour.
In a large pot, saute onions in butter over medium heat. Add apple juice, water, the apple, bouillon, Marjoram, Cayenne pepper, and ground pepper and salt. Remove squash from skins and put squash in the soup. Let boil for 20 minutes.
Puree soup in blender (be careful, it's hot!) with cream cheese. Return to stove and heat through...
We served ours with french bread... you could also get some great soup bowls. It made enough for about 8 bowls. Enjoy!
2 comments:
This looks so yummy! I have been wanting to try makin butternut squash soup....can't wait to try it. Thanks!
I am impressed. I love this soup and I bet it was delish! However I just buy it at the store cuz Josh hates soup. And I can't see spending that much time for only me. Reminds me of when I spent all day making my mom's corn chowder (the best soup ever) for Josh and all my roommates were jealous and he only ate the potatoes! How rude!
Post a Comment